Chapter 9; Happiness Can Be

(P.O.V. Bailey)

A few days after Phil and I had our Just Dance-off, Dan called me around 8am. I was suprised, because he usually isn't up that early, unless he has to be. I had been peacefully asleep, when, suddenly, the Sherlock theme song began blasting from my phone, jolting me awake.

"Hello?" I mumbled into the phone, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Hurry up and get dressed. We are going into town!" Dan said, fully awake.

"Huh?" I said, confused and still not fully awake yet.

"Bailey! There is no time to waiste! And yes, there will be coffee." Dan said, chuckling.

That struck my attention, and I smiled. "Be there in 5."

I hung up, and jumped out of bed. I through on a black t-shirt, skinny jeans, and my converse. I brushed away my bed head, and my teeth, before running down the stairs, where I found mom in the kitchen, sitting at the breakfast bar sipping her hot tea and reading the paper.

"Hey mom, Dan and I are going out for coffee. Okay?" I asked, mom smiled.

"Of course honey, have fun!" she said.

I nodded, and headed out the door, grabbing my grey hoodie from the coat hangers by the door. I slipped in over my head as I walked down the corridor and down the stairs to the second floor, where Dan and Phil's flat remained. I knocked quickly, before a smiling Dan opened the door.

"You are two minutes late." He smirked, I rolled my eyes with a smile. Dan stepped out the door, closing it behind him. He walked passed me, heading for the stairs, and I raised an eyebrow.

"Wait, where is Phil?" I asked, causing Dan to stop a head of me, and slightly turn to face me.

"Oh, he's still sleeping, he is filming a collab with his friend Shawna today while she vists London." Dan said.

"Oh, okay." I said, then smirked, "Now, where is this promised coffee?'

Dan laughed, "Lead the way." He gestured for for me to step in front of him, and I laughed as I did so. I walked out the complex door, feeling the cool London breeze. I smiled, and Dan stepped up beside me. I felt so small standing next to him, but not in a bad way, it was actually a nice feeling.

Dan and I climbed into the cab, and rode to the nearest Starbucks, sitting in a comfortable silence. I got my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through my Tumblr feed, trying to stifle a laugh every time a scrolled through a funny or awkward Dan and Phil gif, which was alot, considering they were my only source of happiness for the longest time-and still are, just in a different way.

We climbed out of the cab, and I nearly ran inside, ordering mine and Dan's favorite drinks and paying for them before he could catch up to me. I smiled cheekily at him as I stepped away from the cash register and infront of pastry counter waiting for our drinks.

"You know...for a short person...you are really fast." Dan said, trying to catch his breathe.

I giggled. "Well, I wanted to pay you back for buying me breakfast, and I knew you wouldn't let me unless I beat you here.''

Dan nodded, and chuckled. Our names were called, and I grabbed our drinks, saying a quick 'thank you' to the barista. I handed Dan his cup, and he laughed suddenly. As we walked out of Starbucks, I looked over at Dan with a raised eyebrow.

"It seems the barista was a fan, she wrote her name, number, and cat whiskers on the cup." he said. I felt a something twist up in my stomach, something unfimiliar to me. It wasn't panic, and it wasn't whatever I felt when Dan kissed me. It was something else, something I couldn't put my finger on.