Epilogue; Warrior Girl

P. O. V. Bailey
~ Three Years Later~
I tapped against the arm of my uncomfortable chair as I sat in the waiting area. I bounced my leg and sighed. I felt a warm hand pat my shoulder, I jerked my head to my right, seeing Dan.

"Nervous?" He asked, quietly.

"Um...maybe a little." I said. I swallowed looking over to Phil on my left, who was also looking at me. The 3 of us were sitting in the London airport, on our way to Playlist Live in Florida.

It was my first time traveling back to America since we moved, and I was on my way to meeting hundreds of fans.

I ended up starting my YouTube channel about a year and a half ago, when it became evident that I was unable to hold down a job as a normal functioning human. After I had been fired from my 6th job, where I was a barista at the local Starbucks, I was feeling pretty down. So, naturally, I went over to Dan & Phil's place. After crying to them about being fired again, Dan suggested I start a channel.

Honestly, it made sense, I was already comfortable in front of a camera, and I knew basic editing. After talking it over with my parents and Dr. Collens, I decided to go for it.

I titled my channel 'HeyItsBailey' and made my first video introducing myself to the internet. I began doing music covers, vlog-type videos, and I even started my own mental health help series answering questions and talking about my personal experience.

As my subscriptions reached over 100,000, I began to feel like I had a decent following to start doing collaboration videos. My fans even began to call themselves 'HeyBails' because they love making me cringe.

Naturally my first collab was with Dan and Phil, where we played 'Never Have I Ever' on the gaming channel, Phil and I did a 7 Second Challenge on his channel, Dan and I played Cars Against Humanity, and then we did the Best Friend tag on my channel. Of course since then, I've done collabs with all sorts of other Youtubers. From Zoe, Louise, Shawna and Hazel, to Lilly Singh, Thomas Sanders, Markiplier and more.

Eventually, Dan and Phil became regular guests on my channel, and I on theirs. We had done many live streams together, and the fans are very supportive of our friendship. I've caught a few of them, however, shipping #Dailey.

Now, I was close to reaching a million subs, which is why I was invited to do a met & greet, Q&A panel with Shawna and Hazel, and stage show with Dan and Phil at Playlist Live.

It's also the reason I'm sitting in the airport, shaking like a dog in a vet office. I wasn't afraid of flying, I'd been inside a plane before. But I haven't been to America in years, and I definitely haven't performed in front of thousands of people before. I was excited, Sure, but I was also very nervous.

It brought me some comfort though, that I was traveling with Dan and Phil. Both my mom and Dr. Collens believed I could handle things.

So, here I am.

'Flight 1201 to Orlando now boarding'

I took a deep breathe to try and calm myself down. The three of us stood in unison, grabbed our carry on bags, and shuffled towards the flight assistant desk. Once we were in our seats, I took my headphones out of my pocket, and turned on Thomas Sanders 'Ultimate Storytime' album.

As 'Warrior Girl' played, I laid my head on Phil's shoulder. (Of course, I was sitting in between them. Dan was by the window to my left, and Phil on my right.) I closed my eye and tried to imagine my own version of Warrior Girl.

We had booked an early morning flight so it would be daytime when we landed. So, thankfully it wasn't long before I felt myself drift back to sleep.