Chapter 4; Jet Black Party

7 Years Ago...

(P.O.V. Third Person)

It was a normal, sunny day in Texas. The two girls walked down the street, laughing at an inside joke between the two. It was something they had done hundreds of times.

If anyone saw them together, they never would have guessed they were related. Young, 13 year old Bailey, with her long dark hair and hazel eyes, preferred heavy metal band t-shirts and skinny jeans. While her cousin, 16 year old Amanda, with her short blonde hair and brown eyes, enjoyed make up and Victoria Secret clothing.

The two girls were very close. They were family, of course, but they were also best friends. They were practically inseparable.

After several hours at shopping at their local shopping center, the two headed home. It was dark out, but they didn't mind. It was nothing out of the ordinary.

They walked down the dark street, in the downtown area of their town, when things began to go wrong. A group of four guys stumbled out of an alleyway a few feet ahead. When they saw the girls, they whistled, clearly drunk and stupid.

"Hey pretty girl. Wanna party?" One of them hollered, as the girls stopped in their path, thinking of what to do.

"No thanks, we are just heading home." Amanda said, taking Bailey's hand to protect her.

"Oh come on." Another said. They were surrounding the girls now, almost too close for comfort.

"We are good thanks. We need to get home." Amanda said, pulling Bailey behind her. "Leave us alone."

They grabbed Amanda's hard, trying to force a kiss. She pulled away, their grip weak due to their intoxication. She reached up, smacking the young boy across the face.

"Well, alright then." He said, before reaching in his pocket, pulling out something shiny in the street lights.

Suddenly, Bailey was pulled back by her hair, a cold kitchen knife at her throat. Amanda was also grabbed from behind, her arms being held tightly.

"Bailey! No, leave her alone!" Amanda yelled, pleading with them.

"You should have party with us, honey, we didn't want to force ourselves in you." Slurred their leader.

Bailey, thinking of the fastest escape routine, pushed her foot back with all her strength, hitting the mans groin. Another ran over to her, trying to grab her by the arms. In the struggle she managed to shove him, causing him to be pushed into their leader, who pulled the trigger on the gun aimed at Amanda.

"No! Amanda!!" Bailey screamed, as her cousin fell to the ground. Her once bright pink t-shirt now covered in blood. She had been shot right in the stomach.

The young men ran away, leaving Bailey with her dying cousin. A loud crack of thunder rang out, and it began to rain. Bailey ran over to her cousin, sitting on her knees, she pulled her cousins head and torso into her lap and arms.

"You're gonna be okay, I promise." Bailey said, as the tears steamed down her face. Sirens could be heard in the distance.

"Bailey..." Amanda croaked, struggling. The sirens were getting closer.

"It's fine. You're gonna be okay. You hear me? It's fine." Bailey said, crying harder.

"Bailey. It's okay. Just remember that I love you." Amanda said, coughing.