Chapter 10

The sun rose of the castle as Genji sat on the roof, the city came alive below him. He could still remember hearing his mother as she would call out to him, calling him down for breakfast. He remembered the softness of the carpet against his feet as he ran down the hall to dining room.

Shaking his head, he snapped himself out of his thoughts as he pulled the hood over his head. The sweatshirt was a bit big, but it was his brothers after all he was always bigger than Genji. The blue fabric rubbed against his metal body. It caused shots of electricity to surge through him. Sometimes he cursed the design of his body and how it worked. Pulling the hood more over his eyes, he allowed the faint warmth of the sun to heat up the exposed metal.

Genji pulled the sleeves more over his arms, trying to stop the heat from getting his body. He cursed his stupid body for being made of metal.

"Maybe I should go see what's happening on the tour." Genji whispered. He rubbed his eyes as he climbed down and back into the bedroom. He crossed Hanzo's room as he stopped beside the closet. Grabbing a pair of sweatpants, he pulled them on before putting the faceplate on. He jumped from the balcony to the building beside the castle. Landing on the ground, he headed towards the front door. The wooden carving of the dragons guarded the grand entrance. He always hated that door, it was always open when he was a child. As he grew older it opened less and less he assumed it was due to his mother's death. He would never know his father's true reason for shutting the world out.

The door swung open as a few people gathered around him some omnics, some humans. A woman with short curly hair walked out and held up a flag.

"Good afternoon everybody, I will be your tour guide. I welcome you to Shimada castle." She stated with a bow as the group moved towards the building. It had been years since he saw the gates open, he remembered being carried out of them. He remembered a blurry vision of Angela, and Ana as they rushed him from the castle. He couldn't remember much else beside the pain and waking almost a week and a half later.

"You coming mister." A young girl with short black hair asked. She held the hand of a woman with similar features and an omnic walked beside them. Genji pulled the hood more over his head, hiding the glow of his gear. He dimmed the light more and followed the crowd into the castle.

It was still the same as he remembered the old textures and everything. The ancient paintings that had lined the walls for years, long before he and his brother were around. Genji sighed, realizing he wasn't even paying attention to the tour. To be honest, he didn't want to all that much, but he needed to get his mind off his memories.

"The story goes that there were two dragon brothers. The Dragon of the North Wind and the Dragon of the South Wind. Together they were known to hold the heavens in balance and harmony." She started telling the story of his people. The story Genji remembered his father telling him and Hanzo before bed. He recalled how he would crawl into Hanzo's bed after a story or two, his father loved to scare him. He was thankful that Hanzo never batted an eye at his younger brother.

Genji pulled himself out of his thoughts as the group started to move again, as they were guided into a backroom. The armory, he hated this room too. God he didn't realize how horrible his father truly was until now, the man didn't like his younger son. He was mean to him and would stop Genji from being with his brother. Perhaps that was the reason he hated the family business so much.

"Any questions?" The guide asked.

"So what became of the Clan themselves? Like where did they go?" A man questioned.

"A very good question. I assume that you all know about Blackwatch. Well that organization was taking down different members of the Shimada clan. It is unknown who aided the team, but it's known that the person was once a member of the clan itself. Most of the Shimada clan was killed off as for Hanzo and Genji, the two heirs, it is unknown what has become of them." Genji's skin crawled. He regretted doing this now, he regretted leaving his bedroom and wandering to Hanzo's.