Home

Home. It's warm; comforting; welcoming.

My home is in your arms. The only place I want to be. The only place I can be me.

Home; your arms. My favorite place.

Home is always there for me, no matter what storm comes.

Providing shelter from wind and the rain; keeping me warm; keeping me alive.

Home is like me. Home loves me.

My name is warm and strong. Its settle and comforting. It's the place I miss most. It's the place I love to be. My home is in your arms.

When I need to get away from everything you're always there. You take everything away.

When I step into you all my problems vanish.

When I'm in your arms, you take them all away.

It's just me and you, nothing else, no one else.

I'm walking down the road to the spot no one knows about, our spot.

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home. Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday.

I walk up to the door and pull on my chain, the one around my neck that holds the key.

I slowly slip it off and whisper 'I'm home.'

I put the key in the big door and turn it. I slowly push it open and I'm welcomed by a loving, warm, breeze.

'I'm home. I'm home baby,' I say and smile.

I step in and smile. I take my coat off and hang it in the closet. I walk into the living room.

With every step I take, I learn something new about it. Its strengths, its weaknesses; its ups and downs. Every creak, every whisper, makes me feel safe. Makes me feel whole. It's the only thing that makes me smile anymore.

I walk into the big, wide, living room and sit on our couch. I open the big plastic bin sitting beside it and pull out my blanket, still slightly stained red. I pull out our picture, lay back and squeeze myself into our couch more, into your strong arms.

I play your CD and smile slightly. A tear tries to escape but I close my eyes before it can escape and roll down my cheek.

You smile and rock me along to the music, your strong arms holding me tight to your chest, not letting anyone touch me, protecting me.

Your arms, strong yet soft. Hard yet loving. Calm yet soothing.

I listen to the music, the beat, the pulse.

I listen to your heart beat, your breath, your deep voice quietly singing with the music.

I finally open my eyes and look out the big window. I look at the weeping willow, smile and lay our picture on my chest.

I look up at you slightly and smile at the sight of your beautiful brown eyes. I softly kiss your arm and lay my head back down.

I stare at the beautiful tree, trying to figure out its secrets, stories, memories.

I think about you, loving, caring, sweet, understanding.

I sing along with our song, feeling stronger than ever.

We're here still, we're making it.

I lay in your strong arms while you hold me tight, I refuse to move.

We're making it, it's getting easier on us, our battles are getting easier to fight.

The war isn't over yet; there will be more battles, more hills, more walls, more holes.

And when things get hard...

I come home.

I come home to your arms.

I lay on the couch, wrapped in warmth, and love.

You hold me tight to your chest, not letting go; running your fingers through my hair.

It's time for me to go. I don't want to but I have to. I walk through the house, making sure everything's in its place.

I slip my coat on and walk out.

I be sure to lock the door every time I leave. I walk down the side walk and I hear my home groan.

I know you don't want me to leave, I don't either.

I get to the end of the sidewalk and turn around to look at you, one last time before I leave.

It's dark, it looks lonely.

I kiss the key and slip it back into my pocket. I'll be home soon, I promise.

~11/6/11~