t h i r t y

🌸 d e v o n 🌸

I screamed at the top of my lung from my third floor bedroom, my mother running as fast as her not yet showing pregnant body would let her.

"Devon Marie it is 5:00 in the morning whatever you're doing up here better be good." My mom said, tying her robe around her and scratching her head.

"Mom I don't have anything to wear to school." I cried as I sat down in the floor in defeat, clothes scattered in every possible spot in my floor.

"What do you mean you don't have anything to wear to school? You have plenty." She says, almost awake now and fully aware of her surroundings. "Devon look at your room, it's a disaster. Just wear that Chanel shirt you like so much, with the black skinny jeans and the boots."

"Trust me I thought of it already. Mom it's a crop top."

"So?"

"So, I could get away with that in Beverly Hills for sure but not here."

"Oh my god so what you're saying is, you actually do not have anything you can wear to school."

"Bingo." I said tapping my head. "I only have an hour and a half mom, and makeup and hair is half of it."

"Oh my god." She says standing up and kicking it into gear as she digs through my closet for a decent shirt for me to wear as I pull everything out of my drawers and into the floor. "Devon, this is impossible you're going to have to wear sweats until we can order you some stuff."

"On the first day of school?" I say flipping out completely. "That's not allowed until the second day."

"Devon what do you want me to do about it because-" she pauses for a moment pulling out a long sleeve black shirt. "This is nice, this will work for the day."

"I guess." I say taking the shirt from her and looking at it throughly. "Plain, but it'll do."

"Should I be alarmed that you only wear clothes that most schools would consider inappropriate?"

"Slightly." I shrugged. "At least you know I'm not a hoe."

"It's fine, I know you're not. We'll get you some stuff tonight, I saw where Buckle updated their website." She says reminding me of a bad memory with a pair of Miss Me Jeans on Black Friday, I will never forget the face of the little bitch that stole the most beautiful pair of jean I had ever seen from me. "Now go ahead and get ready, I'll make you breakfast if you want."

"You'll make me breakfast or you'll make Rizzo and yourself breakfast." I rolled my eyes thinking about my mothers spoiled little lap dog as I wet my beauty blender.

As soon as my face was beat, I fluffed out my newly curled hair one last time before taking a selfie in the mirror, sending it to the group chat I had made for the girls.

✞✘✞✘✞✘

Devon 🌸: