more clues..

Chief Detective Fred Alred gazed curiously and waited for Margaret's testimony. He was torn in between if he would trust Margaret's words or if he would consider her as one of the primary suspect of the crime.
He noticed the inconsistent answers that Margaret had uttered.

But if Margaret was really at the hospital for her shift before the incident had occured, this would make her innocent. So, the next statement of Margaret would be very substantial.
But Detective Alred was confident that he still hold his ACE. He knew that if Margaret wouldn't speak up, he could file an Obstruction of Justice Case on her and consider her as one of the primary supect, unless Margaret gave a very substantial affidavit.

Margaret with her eyes gazing on the ground, she uttered in a very calm tone, "Three days ago, Charlie told me that he kept receiving death threats from a man named Winston Gavino."

The Detective was puzzled but at the same time thrilled, he smirked and spoke, "Did I heard you correctly that you say Winston Gavino? THE WINSTON GAVINO who owned the largest casino in the Southern Part of the city called Little Town?"

"Yes, Winston Gavino, the owner of Casa Italia."

Out of much curiousity, the detective spoke in a serious tone.
"Are you sure about this? Because you are labeling an accusation that somehow Winston Gavino was the one behind this incident, is that what you're telling me?"

Eyes, still gazing on the ground, Margaret spoke, "Yes."

"Lady, look me in the eyes, do you even have an evidence that would make your statement true?"

Margaret yelled hysterically, "Come on inspector! I already told you all I know! That's all I know! That's what Charlie told me three days ago?! Okay?!! If you had further inquiries, then I have to call now for a lawyer!! You can't harass me like this!!!", Margaret's voice was so loud that even the bystanders and spectators outside the crime scene heard it and all gazed to her.

"Hey.. Hey.. Hey.. Calm down lady! Calm down, okay?", even Detective Alred panicked when Margaret's yell drew so much attention. The detective continued, "We will call you tomorrow and ask you more inquiries, okay? You can call your lawyer if you want. But please calm down lady."

Margaret yelled again as if she was being harassed, "Now you are treating me as if I am the suspect on this freakin' incident!!! You can't do that! You're unfair! I already told you about Winston Gavino! He should be the one investigated and not me!!!"

Margaret continued to yell at the old detective but Detective Alred just turned around and said, "That's all Margaret, thank you." Then he waved at her to ease out the commotion.

A young African-American officer named Julius, went to check out Chief Detective Fred Alred, as the old detective walked away from Margaret to investigate again inside the crime scene.

Officer Julius asked the Chief Detective, "Is there any problem sir? Can I offer any help sir?"

The old detective answered in a very serious tone, "Give me a detailed information about that Margaret Connors. Give me every bit of information about her. Okay officer?"

"Yes sir. ", Officer Julius answered.

"Oooh, before I forgot! Could you also pull out all the data and file that you could get on WINSTON GAVINO, and invite him for lunch tomorrow, I might have some inquiries that I needed to ask."

The young officer was shocked when he heard the name of Winston Gavino. "Noted sir."

Chief Detective Fred Alred was puzzled. Every clue that he got was like jigsaw puzzles. He walked toward the crime scene scratching his head while smirking. He lit another cigarette again to calm his nerves and sighed deeply. He saw that there were News Reporters now all around the scene. So the old detective muttered, "Its a damn shitshow again."

When the reporters saw him walking, he was pestered by them and they all encircled on him. He was on the spotlight and cameras were all over him. One reporter asked, "Do you have any possible suspect now for this mysterious incident, sir?"

"Oh well..."

But before he answered the question, Officer Julius came running towards him and shouted, "Sir, we found something! We need you here!!"

The old detective pushed away the reporters that had encircled on him.
He ran as fast as he could towards the crime scene..

He immediately went into the crime scene. "What was that 'something' that you had found?"

Officer Julius with white rubber gloves in his hands, showed the crumpled piece of paper, stained with blood, "We found this crumpled paper underneath the debris of the broken glass window, sir."

"Is there anything vital within that piece of paper, Officer Julius?", the old detective asked seriously and curiously.

"CHARLIE wrote something on this piece of paper, sir. It was like.... Like a.... LIKE A CLUE, SIR!", Officer Julius replied.

"Show me Julius!!!", the old detective was so eager.

This was the content of the piece of paper:

"SOMETHING UNUSUAL ON THE BOOKSHELF?"