blood..

The testimonies of Margaret Connors and Winston Gavino created a huge void of confusions in the mind of Chief Detective Fred Alred, while sitting on his desk at the police station. He kept smoking his cigarette to stay calmed, relaxed and at the same time focused.

Officer Julius came towards him rushing and catching his breath! "Sir, I have done what you had told me to do, I already gathered info 'bout Margaret Connors. I already confirmed that she's really working for Steve Jenkins Memorial Hospital and she's been there yesterday like what she had said when you interviewed her. So, it would be foolish on our side to consider her as a suspect!"

The old detective threw his cigarette on the ash tray and uttered out of confusion, "This thing is going crazy! I went to Winston Gavino and it seemed that he's innocent about Charlie Pistone's disappearance. I went back here thinking that perhaps, Margaret Connors lied yesterday when I asked her about where she was on the day when the incident occured, but now that you had verified me that all that she said about the 'hospital thing' was all truth, I don't really know what to think next. To be honest, I am really confused right now.", the old detective lit up another cigarette, place his feet on top of his table, and leaned his back on his seat.

Julius uttered, "But the notebook that Charlie left... You said that it would point out Gavino as the primary suspect here, sir."

"Yeah, that's why I went to Gavino and he had a point. That notebook just told us that Gavino could be a possible suspect because Gavino had sent death threats on Charlie Pistone, but there was nothing stated on that notebook that Gavino had even attempted to kill him. So, if I were the judge himself I would just dismiss the case and again, Gavino will just win the case because we lacked evidences.", the old detective was thinking deep.

"What about a conspiracy sir? Could it be possible that both Gavino and Margaret Connors killed Charlie Pistone because they have a love affair?", Julius asked curiously.

"An affair you said... Hmmmm, it could be possible, but there's no proof that they do have an affair."

"But sir, I verified what you called me earlier. Winston Gavino was on the Hospital yesterday and the CCTV camera on the lobby of the hospital confirmed that they were walking together.", Julius uttered.

The old detective just chuckled, "The CCTV confirmed them walking together but not having sex! Come on kid, that'll be not substantial at all since anyone could go to a hospital anytime, are you getting my point Julius?", Detective Alred laughed so hard as if teasing the young police officer.

Officer Julius chuckled and answered, "I got your point sir..", then the young officer continued, "But could we also assume that its a random vicious attack by some crazy maniac in the neighborhood?"

"No, it couldn't be a random incident also..", the old detective sat properly on his seat as he threw another cigarette butt on his metallic ash tray.

"Why sir? Why it couldn't be a random incident of cold-blood murder?", Julius curiously asked the veteran detective.

"Kid, if it was done by some unknown crazy maniac in the neighborhood, why would Charlie Pistone left the crumpled paper on that crime scene before he disappeared? It just showed that he knew who did this to him - whether he was kidnapped or killed in cold-blood.", the old detective answered.

Julius was amazed again on the way that the veteran officer sharply thought of those things. "Sir, what if Charlie Pistone set it all up because he wanted to bury both Winston Gavino and Margaret Conners because they have a love affair?"

The old detective never thought of that. He was in awe and even stood up from his seat! "You are one smart crazy heck of a kid! Why didn't I even come up with that idea? Yes! Charlie Pistone could just stage this up!"

But right after the old detective finished his words, the young policeman whom he tasked out to verify whose blood was on the broken glass window and on the fragments of broken glass scattered on the floor came up and knocked on the door.

"Holy crap! You disturbed us! Come in!", the old detective madly uttered.

The young cop uttered, "Sir, the crime laboratory already released the results of the blood samples we sent on them last night, they compared it on the DNA sample given by the dentist of Charlie Pistone and it was a 100 percent match!"

Now, both Detective Alred and Officer Julius was back to zero. The old detective was thinking that there's too much blood on the floor for a stage up death. Everyone who would saw it could immediately assume that someone had really been slain on that very funky floor. So, the idea of Charlie setting the stage up for a strange melodrama had become an impossiblity.

But there's another thing that created another void of confusion..

The young policeman continued, "Sir, there's another thing."

The old detective whom was now standing up from his seat, curiously and seriously asked, "What's that thing, young man? Just cut the crap on cliffhanger thing or something like that.. Just say it bluntly."

The young cop replied, while Julius and Detective Alred listened carefully..
"The blood on the floor was different from the blood found on the BROKEN WINDOW."

The two gentlemen were shocked from what they had heard. This could be the clue of all clues!!!

"We..we..wait!!!", the old detective almost stuttered in so much excitement, "do you mean that the BLOOD ON THE WINDOW was DIFFERENT from the BLOOD THAT SCATTERED ON THE FLOOR?"

The young cop chuckled and scratched his head, "That's what I said sir. Yes. You just repeated it."

In so much happiness and bliss, he taps the young cop so hard that it made the young policeman said, "Ouch".

Then the old detective uttered, "Whose blood was on the glass window then, young man?"

The young policeman replied, "Sir, it will take another day for the crime
laboratory to process it. But can I ask a question sir?"

"Shoot.."

"To whom will we verify the DNA results? Do you have any suspects now?"

"Yeah.. Verify it with the previous blood samples of the bastard Winston Gavino and the victim's girlfriend, Margaret Connors. Those two were considered as suspects until those blood results came out.", Detective Alred spoke with such authority, confidence and with high hopes.

"Okay sir.. Thank you sir its a plea..."

The old detective cut the young policeman's words and said, "Just cut the crap, no need for that as I told you last night. Just do your work kid, okay?", then the old detective smiled then he passed by the young policemen and uttered with a loud voice, "Hey Julius, want to come with me?"

"Of course sir! But where?", Julius asked.

"We will look for the wounded devil between our two possible suspects!"