margaret & winston..

While they were all waiting for Margaret Connors, the investigation room was filled with sullen silence from all the gentlemen across the room.

Chief Detective Fred Alred was sitting on the seat placed by Officer Julius behind the door, with his right hand placed on his chin, thinking deeply about all the testimonies he had heard and all the evidences and facts he had gathered so far.

Officer Julius was sitting on top of the stainless steel table and his back turned against the gutsy Winston Gavino who was also sitting on the quote unquote hotseat, with his feet placed on top of the stainless steel table.

Chief Detective Fred Alred broke the silence and uttered, "Hey Winston, can you explain to us how you get that wound in that left wrist of yours?"

Winston Gavino smiled sarcastically then uttered, "You won't believe me even if I tell it to you. You don't like me and you don't trust me. If I am a detective, I would assume that this was your personal vendetta because all you want is to see me rot in jail, but you can't do it and you always failed to do it, old man!" then Gavino continued to mock the old detective.

The old detective tried to be cool and calm. He knew that the sudden burst of emotion, like what had happened a moment ago, wouldn't help him solve the case. He realized that he lost his focus whenever he lost his temper. So, he spoke and uttered calmly, "Winston, yeah you are right, I won't believe anything that would come into your mouth. But do you really know why I hated you so much, huh?"

For the first time, Winston lost his sarcastic smile and seriously asked the old detective, "Why?"

The old detective stood up, pulled the pack of cigarette on his pocket and uttered, "Because you have no heart, and you are no human, Winston. Do you ever felt the guilt within you in all those devilish deeds you've done in this tiny city? You made it your empire and you made it your hell. You supplied contrabands and victimized those poor children with illegal drugs - cocaine and marijuana. Many families had been broken down to bits and many dreams were shattered. And from all those dirty and stinkin' money you've got on all the contrabands you had sold in this little community, you built the grandest and largest casino in the city. But believe me, I didn't set it all up. If I am a devil like you, perhaps I can, but I'm not."

The old detective lit up another cigarette and finished his parlance..
"But yes, Winston, if I would be given a chance to have my very own VENDETTA.. I WILL POUR IT ALL OUT ON YOU.. In behalf of all those poor souls that lost there paths because of you and the lives you killed secretly, just for you to be on top.. Yes in behalf of all of them, Winston, I'LL BURY YOU DEEP TO THE HELL WHERE YOU BELONG.... if I would just be given a chance."

"Bravō!! Excellenté! And the Oscars goes to...... Guess who, old man?", Winston continued to mock the old detective.

"Laugh now, later, I will bury you and expose you.", still, the old detective was managing to control his emotions so he just uttered calmly.

"Like I have told you, every people in this city knew me. All you have said about that contrabands and drugs was all true, but you lacked evidences. Even those previous recordings you set up, didn't worked out in court. You have no witnesses, no pictures, no video and audio recordings of all the things you had accused me.. THEN, how can you have your own personal vendetta, old man?"

For the first time, Officer Julius was pissed off, "Hey douche bag! Shut your mouth or I'll shut it for you. Just answer the question, where and how did you get that wound?"

Suddenly, a cop knocked on the door and uttered, "Sir, Margaret Connors' here."

"Let her in..", the old detective uttered in reply.

Margaret Connors entered the room and with a furious look, he gazed upon WINSTON GAVINO..

Everyone in the room saw how furious Margaret looked Gavino. There was an unexplained hatred or anger in the eyes of Margaret. The room was filled again with a sullen silence.

Winston broke that silence when he uttered, "I guess I have my witness standing here now, and I guess the wolf pack is complete, so I would spill out the story of this very precious lacerated wound of mine.", Winston Gavino spoke confidently.

"Cut the crap, just spill it out.. It's already 6pm..", Officer Julius uttered.

"Okay, this was the story. I came to the hospital for my quarterly general check up, because let's just say that this 34-year old body has some kind of quote unquote mechanical issues. So, the nurse assigned was that beautiful lady behind you..."

Margaret cut it.. "You are lying! You always requested me to assist you because you always wanted to sexually harass me!!", then Margaret cried.

"I just held your hand, that's not harassment dearie." He blinked his left eye on Margaret then continued, ".. so, like what I had said, she was assigned to assist me.."

"What assistance?", the old detective asked.

"She was assigned to check my body... Oh I got it wrong, what I mean is my body mass index... took blood from me.. check my weight... and check my blood pressure.", Gavino answered.

"Was that true Margaret?", the old detective asked.

Margaret, who was still crying, replied, "Yes sir, that's true."

"What about your wound? How did you get it?", Officer Julius asked.

Winston sighed deeply and with a devilish glance towards Margaret Connors, he uttered, "When the time that Miss Margaret would stick a vaccine on me to get my hemo sample, I teased her and held her hand."

"You are really a bastard Winston!", the old detective exclaimed.

Winston continued, "Then, the angry Nurse Margaret walked out on the room, so I sat on the seat where she was supposed to get my blood sample, but.... when i placed my left arm and wrist on a plastic table, I didn't notice that there's a scalpel stucked on the table with its edge on top.. So, I got lacerated, and I called MY NURSE to assist me and she put a bandage on my wound then I felt the madness on her part when she stuck that needle on me to get my hemo sample. That explained everything. Right, Miss Margaret Connors?"

"Is that true Miss Margaret Connors?", the old detective asked her in a very serious and curious tone.

They all waited for Margaret's reply..