Breakfast date

April's POV

DeLuca just left and that gives me plenty of time to catch up with Jo and ask her what happened last night.

"Jo who did this to you?" I ask

"It was my husband. He found out where I live and saw that I was pregnant and started to attack me. He kicked me to the ground and then I started screaming in hope that someone would hear me and DeLuca did and saved my life by bringing me back to the hospital." she replies

"Wow... I thought that your husband would never find you and just forget about you."

"Me too but apparently he did but I am just so thankful for DeLuca."

We continue talking about other things besides her attack and eventually, I have to leave for rounds, but as I am leaving Alex walks in with some breakfast for them.

Alex's POV

I decide to go get breakfast for Jo and I since I did my rounds earlier so I could spend as much time as I could with Jo today.

"Hey babe, I got us some breakfast if your up for eating this morning."

"Thanks, honey, I might try a little food, but don't you have rounds soon?"

"No, I did them earlier so I could spend the day with you. I don't have any surgeries today so I figured we could just spend the day here or around the hospital if your up for walking."

"Okay, maybe or we could just cuddle here and watch movies. Or do other things.."

I knew what that meant and as much I would want to do that I think that we should just cuddle as she recovers. I walk closer and sit down at her feet.

"Babe I think that we should just relax and take it easy today and give you a little more time to recover even though I would love to do that. How about we eat our breakfast and put on a movie?"

"That sounds good to me. Now come sit next to me."

I move up and sit next to Jo, in her hospital bed and we turn on a movie as we eat our breakfast. I think to myself about how lucky I am to have found Jo after all the failed relationships that I have had. After we finish breakfast the movie is about over and I leave to go check up on a few patients and let Jo rest for a while. I clean up our breakfast and turn off the TV and I go and give Jo a kiss and turn off the lights as I leave the room.