Baby Names

Jo's POV

I got home to find divorce papers from Paul. I was completely shocked by this, I would never have thought that he would send divorce papers. But I am happy that he did because now maybe I can get away from him for good. 

I open up the envelope and read the divorce papers. He is paying for my medical bills from when he attacked me. 

"Alex, do you see this? He is paying for my hospital bills." 

"Wow, that is great Jo. So we don't have to spend all that money and can save it for when our daughter arrives."

"I love you saying 'our daughter'. I can't wait to start a family with you, and I know that you are going to be an amazing father to our daughter."

"I can't wait to start a family with you either, and you are going to be an amazing mom," he says lovingly. He pulls me in for a hug and kisses my head while holding me.

When we stop hugging I walk back over to the table with the papers on it. I grab a pen and sign the papers, and I see that he already signed them before mailing them to me so that's it. Paul Stadler and I are divorced.

I go find Alex in the kitchen and give him a kiss. He is making us dinner. Chicken with mashed potatoes... yum. While we eat we start thinking about baby names. We make a list of our top 6 baby girl names.

~Aubrey

~Anna

~Elsie

~Elizabeth

~Isabel

~Lydia

I think to myself this is actually happening. Alex and I are going to have a daughter. I am finally divorced from Paul. My surgical residency is almost over and soon I will choose a specialty. 

After dinner, Alex washes the dishes and we cuddle on the couch and watch our show on Netflix.