over the clouds

Taehyung yawns widely and glances at Jimin, who is resting his head on Taehyung's shoulder, fast asleep. A little smile spreads on his face. Another yawn slips through his lips and he blinks rapidly to keep himself awake. He focuses his tired eyes on the pencil and the notebook in front of him. He decides to put his headphones in.

The music implants itself into Taehyung's mind and soon he's lost in it. He drops the pencil on the floor, but he doesn't bother to pick it up. His gaze is drawn to the world outside the airplane window. The view consists of a sea of clouds and he is amazed.

Suddenly, he feels the urge to devour the moment and picks up the pencil, puts it to the empty paper and lets everything come out.

"What are you writing?"

Taehyung gets snatched back into reality when he hears the voice. He turns to his left, and it's Yoongi. He has taken off his big headphones and is now looking at his paper, he's reading.

"Oh, it's nothing really, it's just-"

"It's beautiful, Taehyung!" Yoongi says in a gasp and looks up at the blushing boy. Taehyung pulls up his face mask to cover his pink cheeks.

"Thanks." He says and Yoongi flashes a smile before he leans back in his seat. Taehyung bites his nail a little.

"Hey, Yoongi." He says and Yoongi stops in the middle of putting his headphones back on.

"Yeah?"

I'm sorry." Taehyung says and Yoongi looks at him, uncomprehending.

"For what?" He says, with a little disbelieving laugh. Taehyung tries to collect his thoughts and come up with a reasonable explanation, but he can't find one.

"I know that you love Jimin." He finally says and closes his eyes. He held his breath the entire sentence, and now breathes out heavily. Yoongi freezes and looks right in front of him, then back at Taehyung.

"Oh." He says, barely audible. Then he scoffs lightly and puts down the headphones on the small folding table in front of him.

Taehyung slowly opens his eyes and watches him lean back with a sad smile on his lips.

"Busted." Yoongi says and starts playing with the headphone cord. Taehyung feels like his chest is being pushed down by and extremely strong force.

"I'm sorry Yoongi, I'm so so sorry." He says and reaches out his hand over Jimin's head to put it on Yoongi's shoulder, but he shakes his head.

"It's okay." He says and looks up at Taehyung.

"No it's not." Taehyung responds and tilts his head in pity.

"You can't get everything you want." Yoongi says with a light sigh and his eyes land on the sleeping boy between them. "It doesn't work like that."

"I-"

"No." He says again and looks at Taehyung again. "I'm okay. I want him to be happy more than anything, and he's happy with you. But, if you hurt him again, I'm going to find you and kill you with my bare hands. Alright?" He says, and Taehyung can see that he means both things he just said.

"Alright." He says back and Yoongi nods satisfyingly. He picks up his headphones again and places them over his ears.

Taehyung nods and drogs his gaze onto the notebook. He feels lightened. Relieved. He can feel Jimin grabbing his hand in his sleep and he smiles.

He completes the poem and looks at it proudly, then he looks at his sleeping boyfriend. He looks so beautiful and peaceful. Taehyung carefully leans his head on Jimin's.

Now he can fall asleep too.

-

GUYS BLACKPINK'S NEW SONG IS BEYOND LIT!!!!!
[ also follow urnotchim on instagram if u want it's me :) ]