24

DALLON

I knocked on a wooden looking door, burnished with a maple brown tint. "Tyler? Josh?" I called for them from the outside, trying to hold back my tears. I just couldn't believe he'd be lying to me about 'not fucking' and 'not liking' his ex, Ryan fucking Ross. He knew how I fucking felt when I first saw them kissing, I guess I'm not good enough for him.

"Tyler? Jo—" I called out once more, but this time the door swung open and Tyler was on the door. His mouth hung agape as he saw me, who wouldn't be surprised? It's literally the middle of the night. It was quite a battle going in here to say the least. "Dallon? What are you- come inside." Tyler spoke as if he was tensed and he didn't know what to do or say, "it's–It's Brendon." I bit my lip and closed my eyes for a brief moment, trying to hold back the salty liquid that threatened to fall from my eyes.

"Josh! Josh! Come! Dallon is here." He screamed for Josh, I turned my head towards the direction he's shouting from and I spotted Josh pretty soon. "Dallon?" Josh looked just as surprised as Tyler. "What about Brendon?" Tyler turned to face me once more, curiosity was written all over his face. "Yeah, what about him? Is something wrong?" Josh asked too. It was really hard to talk about but I guess I have to, this may be the only way to temporarily ease my pain. "He cheated on me."

Their eyes widened, their mouths hung open as they gasped. "Oh my god. I'm sorry, Dallon." Tyler moved closer to me, hugging me from my side. "It's a bit late, Dallon. Why don't we talk about this tomorrow? You seem exhausted." Tyler offered, I appreciate his concern. He probably knew I didn't want to talk about this now, but I do plan on sharing it to them. They're my only friends after all.

I nodded my head, as Tyler hugged me tighter. "Jish, go and fix the bed in the guest room." Josh nodded at Tyler's request and made his way up the stairs. "It's gonna okay, Dallon." He comforted, I held my head low as he rest his temples on mine.

A few moments of silence and comforting, Joshua shouted from upstairs. "It's ready." Tyler looked at me as if he was asking if I wanted some time alone, I nodded as I understood what he was trying to tell me. We stood up and he hugged me before I walked up the stairs slowly, I dragged my each foot feeling like it had balls of iron tied on them. I just gazed down my feet until I reached the top step, I saw Josh and the inner corner of his eyebrows raised as the outer fell. It showed sadness and sympathy. I tried to smile but it just came out as a weird lip wobble.

I entered the room and plopped down on the bed. As soon as I did, my tears flew like a flash flood down my cheeks and my neck, eventually flowing down the pillow.

•••

I opened my eyes slightly, I felt the sting consequential to all the crying that happened last night. Darkness filled the room, just a small ray of sunshine bled through the curtains. I removed the blanket over me and sat up, staring down to the floor. I can't believe I was stupid enough to believe the excuse he gave me when I first caught them.

I stood up and ran downstairs and to the bathroom. I stared up the mirror right in front of me, my bloodshot eyes staring directly at myself. I look like a drug addict right now, it's not good to look at. I turned on the faucet to wash my face, I rubbed on every crevice of my face. I placed some water in my mouth and I gargled it, hoping to remove the stench in my breath. I don't really have anything with me, no toothbrush, no anything. I grabbed the mouthwash and gargled it shortly after, removing the foul smell from my breath.

I wiped my face with a small towel and walked out with my shoulders slouched. "Hey, Dallon. You're finally up." Tyler greeted and I looked up, "Tyler, I wanna talk to you about Brendon." Tyler walked towards me with coffee in his hands, we sat down at the couch. "Are you sure? Do you want some coffee? There's some over there." He asked, I shook my head. I don't need any coffee right now, I'm wide awake.

"As I said last night," I started, sniffing leftover stuffing on my nose from my crying last night. "I caught Brendon cheating on me... again." I looked down, Tyler squeezed my right arm and spoke, "Are you sure he was cheating on you?" He questioned, "I don't think I'd catch him kissing and enjoying it two times with Ryan." Tyler gasped as I finished my sentence, I really don't think it's reasonable anymore. First, he made an excuse about forceful and sexual harassment and all that shit, which I don't think is a good excuse. I mean, there are plenty of other people who are actually victims, and to use it as an excuse for cheating? No, just, no.

"He's cheating on you with Ryan?! But-but he hates that guy. It must be a mistake." Tyler shot up, I was a little bit startled with the sudden movement that made the couch bounce a little. "Yes, and no it can't be. Maybe that was some reverse psychology or some shit." I said, sounding assured and tough. I had just realized that my eyes were as dry as drought and I wasn't crying this whole time. It's either I ran out of tears to cry or my brain is telling me to be strong through this anomaly.

"That's enough explanation for me to understand what has happened. I just want to let you know, Dal, that whatever happens Josh and I will always be here to support you." Tyler hugged me and I hugged him back, I feel so grateful for them. If I hadn't thought of them I'd be hanging off a tree. "Ty?" I asked him before he stood up, "Yeah?"

I hesitated, it might be a lot to ask if I'd ask for a ride to get my things in Brendon's house but there's no other way. I mean there is but it'd be a struggle. "I know it's a lot to ask but I wanted to ask if you could give me a ride to Brendon's house. I'd just grab my things and money." I let out a long request, giving it all the shame I have left. If it's not a good time now, I don't know when.

"Of course. Let me just grab the keys for the car. Wait for me outside." He responded as he ran up the stairs, I never thought he'd be doing it right at this moment but I guess I'll take it.

A few moments later and he comes out of the door, he spun the key around his fingers. "Josh, you coming?" He called for Josh but Josh didn't answer. "Okay. Let's go, Dal." We entered his car and we started the one hour drive to Brendon's house.

•••

"Just wait for me here. I'll be as quick as possible." I hurried down the path to Brendon's front door. Okay, this is it.

I took a deep breath as I knocked on the door three times, I waited for a couple of moments but nobody was answering. I tried to turn the knob and it was unlocked, "What?" I whispered to myself. If Brendon isn't home then why is the door unlocked? They're probably too busy fucking upstairs now that I'm not in their way. I furrowed my eyebrows at the thought.

I gently pushed the door open and tried to feel for any presence, I guess there is no one home. The place is noise-free, no moans, nothing.

I swiftly ran upstairs, grabbing the familiar suitcase that I brought here before. I opened the closet and the drawer and started to dump in all my clothing as fast as my lengthy arms could manage. I didn't care if it was all messy and tangled, as long as it's in there. I grabbed my phone and wallet from the work table, it was just on the first drawer on the right hand side.

I looked around, trying to think of things I could have forgotten. I don't need my toothbrush and the sort, I could just grab a new one on the way home.

I ran downstairs and grabbed the two pairs of shoes that I had, and quickly sprinted to the outside as I pushed the door close. I opened Tyler's trunk and jammed the suitcase in there. "You left anything?" He asked as I got in the shotgun seat, "No." I responded. I did leave my backpack but I don't really need that now. All my things are sitting tightly in my suitcase.

"Okay. We'll go back home, Dal." He restarted the engine and the same roaring sound rang through our ears. "Thanks again, Ty. I don't what I'd do without both you and Josh. I'd go back to my old apartment probably tomorrow or the day after, I don't really want to be a burden." I looked down on my fingers as I fidgeted them with each other.

"No problem, Dal. And no, you're not going anywhere else. You'd be staying at our house, okay? We want to keep you company, we don't what your crazy mind would think of things to do if you're alone and sad and broken." He gazed at the road as he stated the lengthy sentence. "But—" I feel like I'd be a whiny little kid if I'd be with them through this.

"Say no and I'll drop your ass here." He sternly said and he chuckled right after, it made me smile a little bit.

I guess I'll take the offer, they do make me happy too.

"Okay."