9

~Nicolette, Marren's mother~

Marren called me this morning. She wanted to meet. We were going to meet at Carter & Lilley's Café down the street from her apartment. I walked into the café around eight, thirty. Marren showed up a couple of minutes later.
"Hey mom," she said hugging me.
"Hey Mar-"
"Its Liza."
"Sorry. I forgot. Your always changing your nickname."
"How's Tori? Michael wouldn't tell me a lot."
"She's doing good. We're going to send her to a boarding school."
"So Jorge won't get to her." I noticed that two men in black were sitting at a table looking at us. I was glad that she made me wear this wig.
"Are you being followed?" I asked her, in a whispering tone.
"Kingpin's bodyguard is hard on me. So when Tommy's not around, those two are!" Marren said, in a dramatical whisper. "Don't worry mom! Everything's okay."
"I hope your right."
"So Michael told me that he's going to be a father."
"Yes. Im gonna be a grandmother. I can't believe it. I wish Michael and Alicia would have chosen a better way."
"The mayors daughter?"
"Yes. Dont worry the drama is good. For a reporter at least. Except you are not writing on romance are you?"
"No. Mom, I'd love to stay and chat, but I gotta get to work."
As we hugged, Marren whispered in my ear, "Make sure your not followed. Circle the block three times. If a car is following you, than find a way to make them in follow you."
"Okay. Be safe. I love you."
"I want to see you one month from today."
"Okay."
Then she left and so did one of the guys. I got into my car and circled the block three times. Somebody was following me. There was a red light. I passes through the red light and lost the guy. I'm so glad that I've been married to a retired cop for twenty four years.