33

COURTNEY

     I was walking into work when Jerome grabbed my arm.
"Jerome, what are you doing?" I asked.
He replied, "Captain wants to see you and all the others undercover now."
"But-"
"Without Marren. He said its going down."
"She's pregnant for goodness sakes."
"I'm just letting you know."
"Okay, see you later."

     I walked into the meeting room. There were over ten people in the room. Jackson was one of them here. He shouldn't have been allowed to continue on this case after he had beaten up my brother. We all knew that Jackson was Captain Daniels' favorite. He told the captain everything that happened. I sat away from him. Jackson looked at me until Captain Daniels called order to the room.

"I want to congratulate everyone for everything they've done over the past year and half," Captain Daniels said. "Now that our main girl is pregnant, we have to get her out of there."
"Captain due to respect, she's pregnant. Shouldn't we wait until she gives birth?" Matthews asked.
"This could be a hoax. We don't know. We are doing this within a week. And if Kingpin finds out, TA Rhett will never forgive me!" Captain Daniels said and with that he begin  to leave.
"I have an actual ultrasound!" I yelled at Captain Daniels as he was leaving.
"What?" He asked.
"She gave me a copy and Tommy carries one around in his pocket. Haven't you noticed that since my mother's death and Nathanael Williams imprisonment that Kingpin doesn't kill?"
"Courtney go home and tell Officer Rhett. Now."

I left and went to Liza's house. Tommy was around. The kids were at school. When he left, I grabbed my cuffs and told Liza what I was doing. She agreed. As Tommy walked back in the room, I was arresting Liza.
"Courtney, what the hell?" Tommy yelled.
"She's refusing to cooperate. I'm taking her to the police station. I would call Elijah if I was you." I said.

I took her to the station and Captain explained everything to her.
"Fine. But just so you know...when this is over, I am no longer an undercover cop," Liza told Captain Daniels. "I'm a mother, a wife, a daughter, and a sister. My family needs me and I will not put them in harm."