12

~Thomas~
My phone rung and I picked it up.
"Hello," I said.
"You are a SOB!" A man yelled from the other end.
"Who is this?"
"I'm Liza's younger brother, Mickey!"
"Please don't call me a SOB and why are you yelling at me?"
"You won't even come to my sister when she's grieving. I'll pick you up at the airport on Saturday. I know what you look like, so don't worry I'll be able to find you!"
Then there was a beep. I hung the phone up. Man, Liza's family was creeper than my mom and biological father. I can not count Courtney because she's a good person. She's never done anything wrong in her life. Just thinking of her, made me message her on Facebook.
Hey Courtney,
Its your brother, Tommy. I just wanted to talk with you. I wanted to tell you about this girl I met. We've been dating for nine months. Her name is Elizabeth Rhett, but everyone calls her Liza. She's nice and she changes my life everyday. I'm thinking about changing my whole criminal act. I'm coming home in two days. Maybe we all could meet.
Love,
Tommy Brown :)
Two minutes later, Courtney had messaged me back. This is what she said:
Tommy, it's nice to hear from you. I would love to meet Liza. I bet she's a nice gal. Hopefully, this girl changes your mind completely. Courtney.

I went to sleep. Waking up the next day, I got my stuff together. I waited till eight pm to go to the Albany International Airport. I knew that within six hours and thirty eight minutes of getting on Flight 132A, I would be at San Francisco International Airport. Then one hour after that I would be at Liza's house. But first I had to meet Mikey, Liza's younger brother. When I got off my flight, I watched as a man walked towards me. As he got close, he tried to punch me. The fist came really close, but did not hit me. I stopped him with my hand.
"I take it your Mikey Rhett, Liza's younger brother," I said.
"How did you?" The guy asked.
"One you look your a younger brother, and two, I'm stronger than you thought."
"Mikey."
"Tommy."
"Now I'll take you to Liza's, but I want to you to know that Liza is grieving. We've lost our aunt and our sister is in ICU. I suggest you comfort her."
The rest of the car ride was really silent. I was really worried about Liza. I went up to her apartment and saw the door cracked. I knew for a fact that Liza never kept her door like this. I opened the door some to see a man in black with a gun heading into the hallway. I grabbed my gun and walked in. I grabbed the guy and began fighting him. Finally, he hit the floor. I called 911.
"911, what's your emergency?" The operator asked.
"My girlfriend's apartment has been broken into. I got the guy down," I replied.
"What's the address?"
"1157 Marker's Lane Apartment C4."
"Okay, the police will be there soon."
As soon as I hung up, I got some rope and tied up the guy. After that was done, I went to Liza's bedroom.
"Liza?" I asked. "Liza are you in there?"
"Tommy!" She replied. "Tommy your home!"
Liza came out of her bedroom and we kissed. I sat her on the couch. She put her head on my collarbone. We waited there as the police came. The guy woke up. There was a knock on the door. I went and answered it. It was the police. Liza got up and walked over to me.
"You the person living here?" The man asked.
"Yes," Liza replied.
The officer was about to arrest me when Liza shouted, "He didn't break in! It was that guy tied up over there!"
"He's a fugitive, ma'am."
"A fugitive that we can't arrest, Jamieson," the lady police officer said. I recognized the voice. It was my sister. She's the youngest police officer. Courtney was so smart that she skipped from sixth grade to ninth grade. Graduated high school at the age of sixteen. Then she took a year off and went to police academy. She graduated at the age of seventeen. Now she's twenty. As a brother, I'm so proud of her.
"Courtney, nice to see you," I said.
"Jamieson, let him go. Let's get the one who broke in and get out of here," Courtney said, ignoring me.
Officer Jamieson let me go and I stood beside Liza. They cuffed the guy and started walking him out the door.
"Wait," Liza said. "I wanna know why you tried to kill me."
"Ask your boyfriend's boss. He was the one who hired me," the guy replied.
After the officers left, I began to walk out of the apartment.
"Where you going?" Liza asked.
"To ask my father questions," I replied.