3

So what am I suppose to do?" I asked. I had an earpiece inserted in the CI, (cochlear implant) that I wear. It can hear everything that was said around me. I could say something, and on the other side Matthews, or whoever was controlling the technology stuff, would answer. "Matthews did you hear me?"
"Sorry Rhett, we had a lose wire," Matthews replied.
"What do I do? I don't even see him!"
"He's not there yet. Be patience, he will be there. Just wait."
"He just passed me," Lawrence said. "He'll be there any time."
"Okay, I see him," I said as I began to make way to Thomas.
I got to Thomas and tapped him on the shoulder.
"Yes," he said turning around, "may I help you?"
"I'm Elisabeth. Everyone calls me Liza. What's your name?"
"Tommy, Tommy Brown," Thomas replied.
"Well Tommy would you like to dance?"
"Sure."
"Thomas!" A girl yelled.
"Sorry Claire but I ain't gonna tell you again. Get away from my face. You only wanna help because you want your name big." Thomas told her and walked over to me. We began dancing when a slow song came on.
"Lay Low," Thomas said.
"Josh Turner," I replied.
"So you know your country music?"
"Yelp!"
"Your beautiful."
"Thank you."
"Your welcome."
"So, do you do sign language?"
"Ye-no."
"I can."
"Your deft, right?"
"Yes. How can you tell?"
"Your CI."
"Cool."
"So what do you do for a living?"
"Journalism. And you?"
"Work for my dad."
"Family business."
"More like trying to show my dad that I'm worthy of a son."
"Okay, I'm gonna play another slow song," the DJ said. "But before I do, I want everyone to look into the eyes of the one your dancing with. Then kiss them."
"What?!" Thomas and I asked at the same time.
Thomas leaned his head down and began kissing me. We parted our lips and then began kissing again. My arms went around his neck and I just got lost in the moment. We were French kissing. We left the mixer hand in hand. Thomas walked me to my apartment.

The next day, I woke up to a knocking on my door. It was a flower delivering guy. He had a small bear with chocolates and white coronations. My favorite flower. I love white coronations.
The man said," the guy told me that you need to read the card and call him."
"Thank you," I replied.
I picked up my phone and dialed the number. Then I looked and I couldn't believe it.... it was Thomas' number he said he didn't do second chances, second everything I wonder if it's different with me.
"Hello," Thomas answered.
"I thought you do not do anything second?" I questioned.
"Well you make me reconsider!"
"Good to know."
"So how about dinner?"
"Yes. When?"
"Tonight. I'll pick you up at six."
"Okay."