26

MARREN

     I walked into the funeral home around six. I stood by Courtney and Tommy for a long time. I wondered what happened to Kingpin. I stepped out and saw Kingpin crying on the porch.
"Kingpin," I said.
"Hello Liza," he replied.
"I know how you feel. I just lost my mom. Well, I was adopted by my aunt when I was young. My biological mother died in a car wreck last year."
"I've gotta go."
"What will happen to JJ and Luci?"
"To protect them, Tommy and you should take care of them."
"How?"
"I will find you a nice house. Call me Jerrod."

We had Lucinda's funeral and then we left for California a week later. Jerrod had found us a nice two story, eight bed, for and half bath house. He payed for it. The movers came and got our stuff from our penthouse, while we were moving the stuff from Lucinda's house to our house. Jerome and Courtney took some of the stuff to their house. In the move, I found a document. It was a marriage license. Lucinda and Jerrod got married two weeks after they got reunited. She told no one so could protect her children and herself.

TWO MONTHS LATER...

I was talking to Elijah Marrets. That was Jerrod and Lucinda's lawyer, but he became the lawyer for not only Jerrod, but for Tommy, Tommy's siblings, and me. Elijah came to Cater to discuss something with Jerrod and bumped into me. After Lucinda's death, Elijah came to our house. Courtney was there. Elijah told us that in Lucinda's will that Tommy was to get custody of all of her children. While we were taking, I saw a man that looked like Nathanael Williams come out of an alley. He had a gun in his belt loop and was looking at me. I pretended that I didn't see him. The president cane out of the courthouse. It was President Armstrong. He had a meeting with some officials today. The news was here.
Nathanael began walking up to Mr. Armstrong and I knew what he was planning on doing. He was gonna shoot the president of the United States.

"Hold on Elijah," I said. I ran towards the president. "He's got a gun!" As the gun went off, I jumped in front of the president. Two bullets hit me. Once in the shoulder. The other in the abdomen. Secret service had got the president to safety. An agent stayed with me, while others arrested Nathanael. The last thing I saw was the stuffed smile on his face.

I woke up to a beautiful voice. It was Tommy's voice.

"Tommy," I croaked.
"Liza! Liza, your awake!" Tommy cheered.
"How long have I been asleep?"
"A week. Let me get the nurse."
"Where am I?"
"The private section of Saying Francis Medical Center. The president wants to see you. There's cameras all around the hospital. They're waiting for you."

"What did I do again?"
"You, moy angelochek, saved the president of three United States of America."