38

MARREN

I was in the kitchen with mom. We were making dinner when the doorbell rang. I was about to get up when Tori got up and ran to the door. Mom and I kept fixing dinner. Tori was talking a long time at the door. I walked into the living room and saw Tori shocked in awe. I heard the words, "The DEA." I knew the man's voice. It was Tommy. I saw his eyes.
"Tommy!" I shouted.
"Marren?" Tommy asked.
Tori moved and I saw that it was Tommy. I ran up to him and we hugged. Then he kissed me. I couldn't believe it. Tommy was here. I started crying. I heard the footsteps of my family. I knew that they heard me.
When I turned around, Michael and Nicholas were ready to pound Tommy. I glared at them. Dad smiled. His face told me that he knew. How could he have done that? I guess he was trying to protect me. We all ate dinner. Tommy kept his hand on my stomach. After dinner, we went on a walk.
"So I was undercover," I said.
"I know," Tommy replied.
"How did you know?"
"Because everyone that came to me, I had my boss check them out. Your fingerprints came up as a police officer."
"Makes since any job requires fingerprints."
"I was apart of the secret service. That was how President Thorpe knew me. I'm apart of the DEA but President Thorpe is asking for me back."
"Do you live in California?"
"No. I was called into California. I live in Washington D.C."
"Near the white house?"
"Actually I live Alexandria. It's still apart of D.C."
"I'll be wherever you are."
"Seriously, you'd do that for me? I was going to decline."
"I would like to see Estelle again. She's left several messages."
"Okay. I love you Elizabeth....Marren... whatever you want me to call you. In fact, would you marry me in the Church?" Tommy asked.
"Yes," I replied.