Prologue

"I still don't think this is a good idea" Avery protests, crossing her arms over her chest as she stand son the end of the moving van. I roll my eyes as I lug yet another box across the floor and stand up to catch my breath. I didn't exactly have the same stamina I had before I had Leah.

"Do you ever think anything I do is a good idea?" I question. She falls quiet and I chuckle. I knew she had long since forgiven me for sleeping with Jason but that still didn't change the fact that she wasn't confident in my decision making. "Avery it's going to be great and it'll keep me from lugging my stuff and Leah to and from his place."

"I know, I know" she nods, running her fingers through her brunette hair. "But don't you think it may be a little much?" she asks but I shake my head.

"Elliot loves me and we want to make this work. Moving in together was just the next logical step" I argue.

"Are you sure you're not pregnant?" Sofia interjects as she returns from the house. "I mean I get it if you are and you're keeping it a secret considering his vow to remain celibate and all-."

"Oh my god" I groan, collapsing onto the box. "I am not pregnant. Why is it so hard to believe that this is just what we want to do? Av aren't you moving in with Hayden?"

"Well yea" she shrugs. "But we're also practically engaged" she adds. "And, we've known each other since we were two" she continues. I look at her expectantly.

"Are you done?" She rolls her eyes.

"Yes I'm done and I'm not trying to be a bitch but-."

"Hey Molls" Elliot smiles as he walks towards us. "How's everything going out here? You ladies get tired?" They all hum some sort of agreement in return and I sigh. I didn't know what more I could do to convince them that this was a good idea. Elliot loved me and I loved him. Moving in together wasn't some sort of ploy, it was a decision we made because we wanted to move forward in our relationship.

"I'm feeling better actually" I announce as I stand up. "Let's go babe" I smile, turning to pick up the box and following him into his apartment. He glances over at me as we walk and stuffs his hands into his pockets.

"Is something wrong?" he asks worriedly but I shake my head.

"Of course not" I insist. "What could possibly be wrong?" I question, leaning forward to peck his lips. "This is going to be great don't you think?"

He smiles back at me brightly. "Of course I do" he replies sweetly. "I can't wait to have you and Leah here all the time" he adds.

"Good" I reply happily. "And you're still okay with me sharing a bed with you?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow at him. I knew it made him nervous, sharing a bed with a woman, especially one with who he had almost slipped multiple times...not that anyone knew about it. I would never admit to my friends that make-out sessions have resulted in almost base running more than once. It would just fuel their dislike towards this idea.

"Moll I've told you. It's going to be fine" he assures me, pecking my lips and taking the box in the process. "You really do worry way too much."

I chuckle in reply as he walks away to put the box in the correct room. "Where's Leah's room?" Avery asks as she walks in with one of her boxes.

"Oh uh right over there" I point as my phone vibrates in my pocket. I find a text from Jason.

JASON: What time should I drop Leah off?

Over the summer co-parenting with Jason had become a routine. We were civil towards one another but we haven't gotten back to the friendship we once had. I knew he was getting close to Avery again which I was happy about since I was the one who tore them apart but I just couldn't move on the way she could. Being pregnant with a man's baby who openly declared that he wanted nothing to do with you or your child scared me in a way I don't think could ever heal.

MOLLY: Around five. You have the address right?

JASON: Yep. See you later Molly

I pocket my phone and walk towards our bedroom where I find Elliot sitting on the bay window, looking out at the trees that were prematurely turning for the fall. "You alright?" I ask worriedly, staring at him.

"I'm just taking a break" he sighs, looking back at me. "Care to join me?" I smile, making my way towards him and taking a seat on the bench. He pulls me closer and lowers his lips to meet mine in a deep kiss that leaves me light-headed as we pull apart. "How much stuff is left on the truck?" he asks curiously as we pull apart.

"Not much" I shrug. "Why?"

He smiles, reaching forward to caress my cheek. "I wanna take you on a date" he announces. The sentiment is sweet but it causes my face to fall.

"El, Leah is gonna be here around five" I reveal, bursting his bubble.

"Oh" he replies, plastering a smile onto his face. "Well that's great. We can just order in" he insists, pecking my lips one last time before leaving the room and the space feels suffocating.

I hated to think that maybe my friends were right but sometimes it was easy to let doubt set in. We were certainly not your average couple but I hoped and prayed that in the end we would work out because if we didn't I'd be devastated and utterly heartbroken.