4. Blessings

The next morning I feel different. I feel Elliot's arms around my waist and I can't help the smile that pulls at my lips as I snuggle further into his embrace, never wanting this moment to end. Right now, everything was blissful and happy. Elliot proposing was certainly not something I was expecting yesterday when I woke up but it had happened and despite the circumstances surrounding the proposal I was so unbelievably excited. Elliot was going to be my husband.

"You're such a tease" he chuckles, kissing the nape of my neck. "Stop wiggling your hips against me" he scolds and I giggle, craning my head back to look at my fiancé.

"Sorry babe" I reply, "I sometimes underestimate the effect I have on you" I add with a smirk and he shakes his head, tightening his grip on my waist.

"Bullshit" he mutters and I giggle as we cuddle. I never knew I could enjoy cuddling before I met Elliot. Whenever I was in bed with a guy it was always a physical thing, I never just got into bed with a guy to lie there but with Elliot I loved just lying in his arms. I felt safe and loved in his arms and that was something lacking from every single relationship I had before him, especially Jason.

My eyes widen. Jason. He would be here soon to drop off Leah.

"Shit" I murmur, untangling myself from Elliot's arms and climbing out of bed. He furrows his eyebrows at me as I go over to the closet to figure out what to wear today.

"What just happened?" he asks confusedly and I sigh, not daring to turn around as I speak.

"Jason" I murmur. "He's gonna be here soon to drop off Leah and-."

"And you don't want him to know we're engaged?" he guesses and I sigh. It wasn't that I didn't want him to know, it was that I had a feeling he may not take it well. Avery had insinuated on more than one occasion that his feelings for me may have finally made their appearance and the last thing I wanted to do was hurt him by rubbing my happiness in his face. He may have been a dick at the beginning of my pregnancy but I would even go so far now as to say he's a friend of some sort.

"That's not it" I insist, turning around. "It's just-." I'm cut off by the doorbell ringing and he shakes his head.

"Whatever" he shrugs off, walking past me and heading towards the door. I sigh, following after him as he opens the door and my ex and my daughter stand on the other side. "Hello Jason" Elliot says coldly.

"Hey Elliot" he replies comfortably. "Can I maybe come in?" he asks, eyeing him as he stands in the doorway as some sort of barrier.

"Why not" he replies and Jason's eyebrows furrow as he walks in and he makes his way over to me.

"What's his deal?" he asks as Elliot disappears down the hall and I sigh as I take my daughter from his arms and hoist her onto my hip.

"I have to tell you something you may get upset about" I admit, deciding to rip the bandage off now rather than later. It was going to hurt no matter when I told him but at least this way he heard it from me and not from someone else. He looks at me intrigued and I take a deep breath. "Elliot proposed last night" I explain and his eyes widen as his eyes dart to my finger.

"You said yes?" he asks, looking back up at me and I nod my head. He runs his fingers through his hair and lets out a deep sigh. "Well shit Molls" he says with a chuckle. "Congrats I guess. I mean, it's a little fast but you're happy right?" he asks and I nod. "Good then" he says decisively. "If you're happy then I suppose I am too and I know he's great with Leah so" he shrugs. "What else can I say?" he asks and I sigh, bringing my lip between my teeth.