5. Justified Feelings

Leah being back home meant that my mornings of waking up to my fiancée were already at an end. I wake up and Molly is nowhere in sight but her soft voice filters in through the baby monitor soothingly as she talks to Leah. "What are we gonna do today huh?" she asks softly. "Both the men in our lives are back to school again" she sighs.

I climb out of bed and pad off down the hallway to find her rocking Leah back and forth in her arms. "Morning babe" I greet her. She smiles, looking up at me lovingly.

"Morning" she replies softly, moving the blanket just slightly on her shoulder which allows me to get a peek at her engagement ring shining brightly on her finger. I don't think she had taken it off since I had given it to her last night. "What time are you heading off to campus?" she asks curiously.

"In a bit" I shrug. "I could make us some breakfast before I go" I suggest but she shakes her head.

"I'm gonna hang out with her for a little bit, maybe have a little snack and then go down for my nap with her" she explains. I furrow my eyebrows at her. It seemed that since she had Leah she had begun to eat less and less and it was beginning to worry me.

"Molls it's really no trouble. You should eat something" I insist but she shakes her head.

"I told you Eli I'm fine" she waves me off and I sigh. I knew there was no arguing with her, especially when she was this exhausted. She'd kill me before admitting that I was right.

"Alright" I concede. "But promise you'll eat more than a granola bar before I get home" I plead. She nods and I sigh as I turn on my heels, heading back to our room where I find my phone ringing incessantly. I pick it up and a smile instantly pulls at my lips.

"You skipped church again yesterday. Do I have to drag you myself?" Troy asks and I roll my eyes.

"I was a little busy dude. I'll tell you all about it as soon as I get to school" I assure him. I hear him sigh and I can practically picture him shaking his head at me.

"It better be good man" he says and I smile, glancing down the hall and thinking of the woman wearing my grandmother's engagement ring.

"I promise it's good."

*************************************************************************************

"How could you propose to a girl you haven't had sex with?" Christian exclaims after I drop the bomb on the boys. I think Troy had passed out while Jacob was silently processing and Christian, well he was being himself. "What if she's horrible and you're stuck being married to a woman who has no skills in the bedroom" he says and I roll my eyes.

"I think you're being a bit dramatic. I'm sure Molly is just fine in the bedroom" I assure him. I mean, she had been good enough to become Jason's side chick and besides she was the love of my life, there was no way she could be bad in my eyes.

"He may have a point" Jacob adds making my eyes widen.

"What?" I gape at him. He laughs, shrugging his shoulders.

"I'm just saying! I'm glad that Nattie and I did it before I went and slipped a ring onto her finger. Sex is an important part of a marriage and if you aren't physically compatible then your sex life is going to suffer and once your sex life crashes everything else does too" he explains causing my head to spin. It's Troy's voice that anchors me back to reality.

"Would you both shut up? Premarital sex is a sin and frankly I think that this entire marriage idea is a mistake!" he exclaims. "You barely know this girl, she has a child, a baby daddy-."

"Enough" I snap. "I love her and I know her better than I know any of my exes. She has a past and I deal with that each and every day but I will not let that hinder our future. I love her and I asked her to marry me because I plan to spend the rest of my life with her whether you all agree with that idea or not" I exclaim angrily. "I-I gotta go" I stutter as I brush past them and run off. I know I should go to class but the reality of the situation is that I have to get out of here and there's one place I've always felt at home.