Silence

I rush into the room of the house I got told about, emptiness greeting me on the wooden planks that yell under my feet. She wasn't in the house anymore. I sigh, catching my breath for a moment and scouring the room. Everything was dusty. I walk to the bookcases, running my finger cross the first. I pull my fingers away, chalked in dust. I wipe them clean, staring at the trail of clean I left. Books always intrigued me, and this was no exception. I wiped a book down fully, the unique burgundy colour intriguing me. I run my finger up the spine, placing it on top of the book, gently pulling it from the bookcase. As it slips into my hands, the weight catches me off guard. My hand slips, as the book hits the floor, opening on a seemingly random page, cut out to hold a different slip of paper, rolled into a scroll with a baby blue ribbon, making it stand out. I pluck it out of the case, placing the book back on the bookcase where it was and sliding the ribbon from the scroll. As I slipped it open, a small, glass vial falls to the floor, safely landing on a pillow carelessly thrown from the armchair nearby. The paper held a single word. "Here" I read from the slip. I look up at the bookcase in front of me. I begin to scan the bookcase, starting, squatting, from the bottom, my heels firm to the ground and my head stretching the other way. As I make my way up, I stop and look around me. I grab the armchair, pushing it to the bookcase and stepping up, reaching the top of the bookcase and spotting a small case. I stand, staring for a moment, taking in the small, black box with a smart, silver handle. I reach out to the handle on the front, grasping the cold handle and pulling it towards me. The box struggles with me, so I pull harder. Nothing budges, so I give a final, large tug, as the box flies towards me. I spot the issue, rising the box slightly as it catapults from the shelf, taking me by surprise and as it flies over my head, I lose my balance on the soft, moulded cushion below my feet, sending me backwards and to the wooden floor below...

So guys, another chapter down!
I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and are enjoying this story!
Anyways,
My Amazing Little Wonders!
Until the Next Chapter!
~Wonder

Chapter Word Count: 400 Words