This Moment

"THAT DIRTY DEVIL!" I yell, staring at where he was, in the doorway. "He played us!" I exclaim, looking to Yeon Rin. She walks to me, embracing me in a sudden hug. I chuckle, wrapping my arms around her. I lay my cheek on the top of her head. We stand in silence, enjoying the moment. I hear a sniffle. I pick my head up, leaning out and looking down at Yeon Rin. She stays buried in my shoulder. "Yeon Rin?" I ask, moving my hand to cup her cheek, making her face me. I look into her puffy eyes, tears staining her cheeks. "Hey, what's wrong?" I ask. She sniffs, wiping her eyes.
"I-I thought..." she begins to cry again. I pull her in again, placing a hand on the back of her head and rocking her back and forth. I hush her.
"Hey, it's okay. It's okay." I repeat again and again, trying to tell myself the same thing. As her sniffing lessens, I pull back again, placing a finger under her chin and pulling her head up to face me again. "What's wrong?" I ask again. She takes a breath, looking down to the floor. I watch her.
"I-I just... I thought I'd lost you, wh-when he held the gun to your back. I-I was s-so scared, Hobi." She sniffs, tears rolling again. I sigh, pulling her back into my chest, wrapping my arms protectively around her and placing my chin on her head. I hush her, gently rocking side to side.
"Hey, it's okay, we got through it. That's all that matters. You didn't lose me, Yeon Rin. Not yet. Not ever." I reassure her, my head racing.
I was scared too. I didn't know how it would end, but all I could think of was Yeon Rin, and protectig her.
"You were so brave, though. You hear me? Pulling that gun on him and holding strong? That was amazing. I couldn't be prouder." I feel her smile into my shoulder.
"Thanks Hobi. I'm... honestly shocked myself." She mumbles. I smile, taking my chin from her head and gently kissing it before replacing my chin. I hear her giggle, making me smile to myself. My mind takes one step after the other, thinking of what that guy said earlier. It made me finally snap a decision I should have made much earlier. I take a breath, standing up and slowly dropping my arms to my side. I step back from the warmth I'd do anything for, taking the deepest breath yet.
"Y-Yeon Rin?" I stutter, taking myself by surprise. I take another breath as she looks to me, smiling softly. I look down to my hands, twiddling my thumbs childishly. "E-Er... W-Will you..." I pause. "What I mean is, w-would you..." I sigh sharply, frustrated at myself. Yeon Rin steps forwards, placing a hand on my left arm.
"It's okay, HoSeok. You don't need to worry." She tells me, smiling at me as she looks into my eyes. I sigh, enjoying the moment. I suddenly feel more confident as I stand tall, gently taking Yeon Rin's hand. I let my emotions go. This is it. The moment I've wanted since I met Yeon Rin. Now, it's all about this.
"Seo Yeon Rin, would you do me the honour... will you go out with me?"

EEKS! I'm so happy with how this chapter came out! I never thought I'd make it through this chapter being happy, but I somehow have!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Anyways,
My Amazing Little Wonders!
Until the Next Chapter!
~Wonder

Chapter Word Count: 567 Words