Chapter 1: Oksana the Otaku

Chapter 1:

Oksana the Otaku

"No. No it can't be."

There comes a time in my life where it falls apart in an instant. I enter a dark state of mind and fall into depression.

"It's the last episode of the series."

Tears accumulate in my eyes as they are ready to stream down my face.

"No. I can't cry, not yet. I have to get through the last episode. I hope it lasts forever."

As the last episode of Ouran High School Host Club ends, I let the tears stream down my face and I plop on my bed staring at my wall with drawings of all the characters from the series. My mother calls me into the kitchen for breakfast. Wait... what? It's dinner already? Um. Ok. My mother calls me into the kitchen for dinner.

"Sana, come to the kitchen! It's dinner time."

I start to sprint to the kitchen to avoid human contact with my family on the way there and back. I totally forget I'm wearing socks and slip on the hard wood floor stairs. My baby sister, Rumi, giggles in my mother's arms as my mother stands at the bottom of the stairs. I search my head for injuries, luckily, none are found. Jumping up from my twisted position on the stairs, I grab my food from the kitchen and walk carefully to my room. I arrive back to the safety of my room and jump onto my bed. I eat my food in silence until my dog, Momo, trots into the room like a little horse. He gazes at me with his big brown eyes, begging me to lift him up onto the bed. As I set him on my bed he trots over to my leg and snuggles into a ball shape.

"Aw. You are so cute Momo!"

I whisper to him while patting his head. He makes some sort of purring sound that a cat would make. I have to move Momo over to get up from my bed and he whimpers. Grabbing my sketchbook from my desk I jump back onto the bed and Momo decides to lay on my back as I lay on my stomach. I decide to draw Kaoru and Hikaru from Ouran High School Host Club. I absolutely adore the twins and their mischievous ways. I also admire Tamaki for his adorable protection of Haruhi. I love every single member of the Host Club, but the Hitachiin Twins and Tamaki have always been my 3 favorites.

After I stop fantasizing about the Host Club I lay on my bed looking up at the ceiling. After an Anime has ended I have a roller coaster of emotions. I will be laughing about the good times one minute then sobbing over the end of their story the next minute. Who knew it was so painful to be an Otaku? Not every Otaku is like me, it's just because I'm very sensitive and cry over things others would never even consider crying over. All my emotions are just extremes of others. If someone jokingly insults me I could either scream at them and hurl insults back, or I could sit there crying like a child. I'm not weak, just emotional. Besides Anime, Manga, and Art. I don't do much in my life. School is boring and my family doesn't have "gatherings" or stuff like that. All I have is my Anime and Manga and Momo.

I have always thought that reality sucks. Stories give us something to hold on to and give us a little hope for reality. I have always wanted to somehow transport myself into the "Anime World". I know it sounds stupid but that is truly what I hope for someday. I'm sure nothing bad will happen.

"Sana, it's time for bed! It's past 11pm and you have school tomorrow". My mother yells from downstairs.

I crawl under my covers and snuggle with my dog as I whisper one sentence, "I wish I went to Ouran Academy". I drift off to sleep as a shooting star falls from the sky. 

**Author's Note: That foreshadowing though...**