Chapter 2: Where Am I?

Chapter 2:

Where Am I?

I wake up to the reality that my life is boring. When I open my eyes, I find myself in an unfamiliar place. My room doesn't have a white ceiling or pink décor on the walls, but for some reason, this one does. I look around the room and notice it's elegant mood. I think to myself, reminds me of Ouran High School. I giggle at my thought but then form a serious face when I start to freak out. I look down at my hands and notice they seem "drawn", like somehow, I am now an Anime character. I rub my eyes and lay my hand on my side table to find my glasses, I must be seeing things, it's probably because I'm not wearing my glasses. I think to myself, my glasses are nowhere to be seen. Wait. That was a pretty good pun! I snap out of my hysterical mood when I go into the bathroom and look in the mirror. I scream at the sight of myself.

"Who are you?"

I ask the girl in the mirror the question, but she echoes my own sentence back to me. I touch my face and realize the girl in the mirror is me. My long dark hair cascades to my hips, just like in real life. I somehow still look like myself, even in this form. My amber eyes glisten as tears gather in them. Who am I? The better question I should ask is, where am I? I am definitely not at my house. I look down at my outfit and realize I'm still wearing my romper that I was wearing before I fell asleep. I then notice barking coming from the floor. I look down to see my dog, Momo, as an "Anime Dog". I hug him tightly and am relieved to see I'm not the only one who travelled over to this strange place. I whisper under my breath.

"Did Rumi and Mother come too?"

I slip on a black hoodie laying on my bed and a pair of black flats laying by the entrance to the room and run down the stairs with Momo in my arms. A woman in a maid's outfit stops me mid-sprint.

"Miss. Himura, I don't think your father and mother would like you running around the estate."

The maid's words confuse me. I mumble a question or two to her.

"What father? What estate?"

My father has been out of the picture since the day I was born. I have no idea who this maid is or who she is talking about.

"Are you feeling alright Miss? You seem to be out of it today. Should I tell the chauffeur to cancel on taking you to school today?"

The maid looks at me with concern marking her face. What does she mean chauffeur? My mother can barely afford grocery shopping, how can we afford a chauffeur? I answer her with a trembling voice.

"Miss....Um... What is your name?"

The maid looks at me with fear in her eyes now.

"Oh dear! Have you gotten Amnesia? I am your favorite maid! Miss. Kirigaya"

I scratch my head in confusion.

"Miss. Kirigaya, I don't have Amnesia. I just have no idea where I am."

The maid yells to other servants.

"Everyone call Mr. Himura! His daughter is ill!"

I face palm myself and look at her with frustration. The maid takes Momo out of my arms as two large men lift me up and bring me to my room. A man in a business suit comes into my room and sits on the end of my bed. The man puts his hand on my forehead and speaks.

"Oksana dear, are you feeling well?"

I think to myself but accidently talk out loud.

"Oh, so this must be my father."

He looks at me with terror in his eyes.

"My daughter must have Amnesia! She has forgotten her own father. Take her to our personal doctor at once!"

The two big men lift me up once and again and take me to what I assume is the doctor's room. A man comes out with his doctor supplies and gives me a checkup. He looks up at my father and speaks to him.

"Mr. Himura, your daughter seems fine, she probably is just tired from sleep deprivation."

My father exhales loudly and pats my head.
"Well if you are feeling fine, I'll send the maids to your room to get you dressed for school."

I have lost hope in these people. No one is answering my question. WHERE AM I? The men try to take me to my room but I insist on walking there myself. The maids are in my room holding up a disgustingly colored dress. I only have a quick glance before running out of the room and grabbing Momo. When I arrive outside I am greeted by a man in a limousine.

"Miss. Himura, are you ready for school?"

I nod my head quickly as to get out of there before anymore maids chase me down. One maid runs to the limo to drop off my book bag. I have never seen this book bag in my life. The driver looks at me with his rearview mirror.

"Ma'am, have you decided to wear your casual clothes to school today?"

I look down in embarrassment as I realize I am still in my dirty romper, black hoodie, and ugly black flats. The driver speaks once again.

"Also, is it bring-your-pet-to-school day?"

I realize I still have Momo in my arms as he licks my face. When we arrive at the school the driver formally introduces the school to me as if I have never been there before, which I am thankful for because I HAVE never been there before.

"Welcome to Ouran Academy."

My eyes widen in amazement as I realize where I am.

**Author's Note: Do you like the length of this chapter or do you prefer shorter ones like Chapter 1? Please send me feedback and suggestions for future chapters!**