Chapter 17: Mission Impossible

Chapter 17:

Mission Impossible

When I finish talking with the twins I realize 1st period is over and Conversational French is starting soon. I walk to my classroom and sit in a seat in the back of the room. I lay my head on the table and take a deep breathe. Today I have a big test I can't fail or else I will be kicked out of class 1-A. The teacher walks to my desk and taps my shoulder.

"Miss Himura, your private room is waiting for you." The teacher whispers to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask my teacher, confused.

"You have been showing signs of distraction, we have a special room for students like you." The teacher grins.

I follow my teacher to another room filled with only about 5 students. Each student is spread out to a different corner of the room and is surrounded by cardboard dividers, so they won't be tempted to look around. I sit at a table in the back corner of the room and am handed the test. I take another deep breath. I see Kasanoda at the front of the room before they put the dividers around me. It's really cool seeing all the characters from my favorite anime just walking around the school. I look to my left and see Shiro across the room, sitting in his chair, hugging his knees. I also spot Azuma behind Shiro, fixing her hair. I didn't realize so many people I knew had trouble with school. Except for Shiro, he obviously can't focus on something for more than 5 minutes. I look at the clock and realize I only have 20 minutes left of my test. I hurry to scribble an answer for each question before time runs out. I worry that I'll be the last to finish, but when I finally complete the test, students are still testing. The bell rings and 3 students are still working, Shiro is one of them. I stay in my seat and wait for Shiro to be done with his test, wanting to follow up on our plan. Suddenly Yukino walks into the room with a cold look on her face. I decide to talk to her, seeing I have some questions to ask her.

"Yukino, earlier you said that Haruhi's gender was obvious in the anime. What did you mean?" I look into her eyes.

"I watched Ouran High School Host Club. It was pretty awful every time I saw a girl flirt with Tamaki." She growls.

"Shut up! You can't just say that out loud. People will find out about us." I cover her mouth.

"I don't care if anyone finds out. I was in another world when I watched the anime." Yukino rips my hand off of her mouth.

"So was I, but I am from that world." I sigh.

"That's impossible. You have to be born in this world to travel here, so you obviously didn't originate from the other world." Yukino stares at me.

"But, my mother and sister are in the real world." I look confused.

"You idiot! They must not be your real family, or maybe they travelled over with you." She giggles, punching my shoulder.

"Thanks for the information." I hold back my anger and grind my teeth.

"Bye-bye. See you never." She grins at me.

I turn around to go to lunch, when Shiro was standing there.

"You should stay away from Yukino, she is trouble." Shiro doesn't make eye-contact with me and looks around the hallway.

"So are you. How do I know you won't try to hurt me like Yukino does?" I cross my arms and scoff.

"I am not a mentally unstable child like Yukino is. You don't have to worry about me. I have no interest in harming people." Shiro twirls a lock of his hair.