Ch. 14 Carter

Dedicated to @zendash298 for always keeping it real  😊 😊 😊

I've been living in this cabin with Carter for a month now. Carter reminds me of Avery, he has that carefree attitude and that same no embarrassment actions and he has the cutest dimples. 

"Ok, got your bagels," Carter said as he entered through the front door holding a bag of bagels

"Oh, great! Did you get-" I began

"Yes I got your disgusting raisin bagel"

Carter and I began our routine we ate bagels at least three times a week. He was obsessed with them. After bagels we would always watch a horror movie, today was "Nightmare on Elm Street". Every time I was watching with him, when it was absolutely silent he'd stroke my back and scare the living daylights out of me. After the movie ended it was off to bed. But Carter decided he wants to be extra annoying and have me carry him to bed.  

"Carter I'm not carrying you to bed," I said kicking Carters ankle as he was sprawled on the floor

"Please, at least try," Carter told me

"Nope, you can stay here and wait for Freddy Krueger to take you away." I said walking off to my bedroom. I changed into the only pair of pajama's I brought with me and snuggled into bed. I dozed off until something grabbed my leg and dragged me off my bed as I shrieked at the top of my lungs.

Then I heard Carter snickering.

"Damn it Carter that was not funny!" I said throwing my pillow at him

"You should have heard your scream!" Carter laughed

I closed my eyes for a second to catch my breath and Carter gave me a small kiss on my lips.

"What did you just do?" I asked, my eyes went as big as saucers

I could see the hurt in Carter's eyes as he answered, "I'm sorry I thought it was ok."

"Well, it wasn't. I don't even know you that well." I said remembering what happened with Caleb.

"We've known each other for a month, I'm really sorry."

"I don't even know why you're living here or anything about your family or anything."

"I don't have a family anymore," Carter said shamefully holding his head down

"Sorry, I'm really sorry. You don't have to tell me." I had clearly gone over the line

"No, I want to tell you. I graduated from high school and I was planning on taking a year off since I had skipped a grade, I'm 17. My parents and I were planning on traveling around the world. Then on the day of the graduation my parents got into a car crash and died, they never saw me graduate. So I just live in our cabin, there are too many memories of them at home." Carter said wiping a single tear from his cheek.

I felt horrible, I was so quick to judge. I let my past get in the way.

I kissed Carter back and I saw his eyes light up.

Holo I know this chapter was super boring but it was a big step for #Carley also I know last chapter, Unknown was very confusing but don't worry all will be answered soon. Let's not forget that OUR BOOK IS #99 IN MYSTERY AND THRILLER AND NO. 1 IN RISING BOOKS. You peeps have no idea what this means to me. I love you guys so much and I'm literally crying rn thank you guys so much!! Vote+Comment

Hails