Six

Hey, so I know I said this chapter would be up this morning but I accidentally over slept and haven't had the chance until now, so I'm really sorry.

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter.

Lots of love

Exx

Published 1/7/17 at 1:177 am
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUGUST 1942

Once again, Agent Evans was called into the USF tent, to a private meeting- this time was different though.

"England?" she questioned, eyes widening at the thought of Bucky coming back and her not being there, what if he came back hurt?

"Yes Agent Evans," the suited man replied, she couldn't fight them because that would mean she was a compromised asset, at least if she went she might get to come back. "You've been personally requested by Mr Stark himself." She didn't know how to reply.

"Yes sir," she nodded robotically, hiding her emotions well.

"You leave in three hours Agent. Be ready for nine hundred hours." He concluded, walking out the tent with a dismissive nod. Olivia followed after, making her way to her tent and packing up her things. She fumbled inefficiently after she had grabbed the Teddy bear. In the back of mind Bucky's boyish grin haunted her; she longed to see him again and hold him again... to fight with him again. Pushing through, she carefully place the toy in her bag and carried on.

She was ready by eight forty five, but before she left she visited her favourite spot on the hill; the first place Bucky kissed her. It hadn't been this hard to leave a base before; the last time she was struggled this much to let go of a place was when her father died. Giving up her childhood home had nearly broken her. She went back to find her things already in the truck with Colonel Phillips who was going with them- she pulled a letter from her uniform coat and handed it to Colonel Chester.

"Could you get this to him?" she asked, fighting the sadness from her smile. She didn't have to say who, the colonel knew an accepted the letter, nodding at her request. "Thank you." She took a deep breath, saluting him and climbing into the truck. She was shocked to see they arrived at an airfield considering no one flew anywhere anymore because it wasn't safe, usually. She didn't argue though, she didn't even speak; she just followed the suits onto the plane.

***

They landed in England as the sun was setting; Olivia was then put in a car and taken to a seemingly abandoned warehouse. She was given a file and shown to the door as she was, still decked out in her nurse's attire.

"Liv," Howard Stark greeted, informally, welcoming her with a hug like an old friend.

"Howard," she nodded politely, a little flushed at his forward attitude and shocked to see him answering his own door.

"I presume you know why you're here?" She'd forgotten how Howard chatted about his business with such informal throwaway, Olivia would have to get used to it again.

"Actually, I've only just been handed the file," she smiled, slowly finding her footing,

"Good, great," he nodded, he seemed very excitable today, like a small dog, "You can change in there and join me through that door." Howard turned to leave; he was halfway out the door before he added: "Oh and your code, for the rooms, is his birthday." The wink confirmed to Olivia that by 'he' Howard meant Bucky.