[Chapter Eighteen]

The room was deathly silent as you four simply allowed the sentence to linger in the air. Hideto was the one to break the silence as both his eyebrows shot up towards his hair line.

“I beg your pardon,” he said disbelievingly.

“She and I are together,” Shuichi stated once more.

Chiyo smirked as she stared at Shuichi. She knew he had balls, but damn. Hideto’s eyes landed on your form.

“Is this true,” he inquired; you couldn’t look him in the eyes as you stared at the floor and nodded your head. “How am I supposed to believe this? First Jiro, now Shuichi?”

“Because they’re actually together, Uncle.”

Your head snapped up as you stared at Chiyo. Uncle? What?

“And how do you know, Chiyo?”

“Yesterday I saw them together. And I also heard Jiro hitting on Miss [Last Name] just after our class ended. She told him she was going to report him; he basically said it wouldn’t be a good idea to do that and this was before the rumors started surfacing. Jiro’s just lying.”

Hideto covered his face with his hands. “I don’t know what else to do, [Name], but you are terminated.”

Your mouth dropped open in shock. Tears started pouring out of your eyes as your worst fear came true. You lost your job. You. The all A student in college; the girl who always wanted to be a teacher; you lost everything that you worked so hard to achieve.

“I-I… what?”

“I’m sorry. But a teacher cannot date a student; it’s unethical.”

“And what of me,” Shuichi questioned as he did his best to keep his anger in check.

“I… don’t know yet. You’re such a promising student; I don’t know what to do with you.”

“It wouldn’t be fair to give me such leniency,” Shuichi stated coldly. “I believe the correct thing to do would be to expel me.”

“Shuichi,” you shouted. “What are you doing? Just let it be.”

“No,” he stated as he turned to stare at you. Gently, he cupped your cheek. “I will not stand by and allow you to take the fall by yourself.”

“But I would hate myself if you get expelled. I knew I shouldn’t have allowed this to happen.”

“It’s as much my fault as it is yours. You didn’t force me to do anything.”

His thumb wiped away a tear and you did the only thing you could think of; you wrapped your arms tightly around his taller form, burying your head in the crook of his neck.

“I should have known better,” you mumbled into his neck.

Shuichi’s arms cradled your form as he pressed his lips to your head. “I should have known better too,” he whispered, the two of you forgetting the other occupants of the room.

“Shuichi I,” you began as you pulled away from him. Your eyes locked with his beautiful forest green ones and more tears started pouring out. “Shuichi I…”

“I know,” he whispered. “Me too.”

He descended his lips on to yours as his fingers delved into your [hair color] tresses. How was it that you had fallen for him so quickly? You were in love with him; you were in love with Shuichi Minamino. And he loved you back.