[Chapter Fourteen]

You had everything out and on the table by five fifty five, which meant you had to wait until Shuichi would arrive. You must have checked yourself twenty times in the mirror, rearranged all the food five times, and made sure the apartment look clean ten times while you tried passing the time.

At six o’ two there was a gentle knock on the door and you made your way over to it. As you opened the door, you revealed Shuichi as he stood in a gray sweater and casual jeans. You smiled as you greeted him.

“Hello. Dinner is all ready and on the table.”

“Wonderful,” he said as he leaned over and placed a quick kiss to your lips.

You loved that in the privacy of your own home, you and Shuichi were free to do whatever it was you wanted. Shuichi walked past you and into the apartment before waiting for you to walk with you to the dining room.

“Dinner looks delicious,” Shuichi stated as the two of you sat down at the table.

“I try to make it look appetizing,” you teased as you placed some food on your plate.

Shuichi chuckled as he shadowed your actions.
“Have you written any more of your story,” he questioned before eating some food.

You shrugged. “I have and I haven’t.”

He tilted his head slightly to the left as he gave you an inquiring gaze.

“I hate what I’ve written so far, so I think I’m just going to delete it.”

“Perhaps I should take a look at it; I’m sure it’s not as bad as you think it is.”

“I don’t know. You may find it pretty bad. I ended up incorporating a myth into my story.”

“You did? What myth?”

“The one about Youko Kurama.”

You watched as Shuichi visibly stiffened; he was much more alert after hearing the demon’s name.

“And what role does he play in the book?”

You sighed as you lazily pushed some of your vegetables around. “Well, at first I want him to be a bad guy, thinking the human race should be rid of. But then I want a certain transition to happen where he realizes the human race isn’t all that bad and actually ends up helping others to save it.”

“And what would this transition be?”

“I’m not sure. I vetoed out love; that’s too corny. I think I want to create a good friendship between Youko Kurama and the main character Cristoph. I’ve kind of depicted them as oddly similar.”

A smirk appeared on Shuichi’s face. “Cristoph does seem rather like Youko Kurama.”

You stared at the redhead perplexed. “How so? There really isn’t much about Youko Kurama’s personality just the myth of him.”

“Oh, I’ve created a certain personality for Youko Kurama and it fits quite well with Cristoph.”

“So you’re interested in the myth of Youko Kurama as well?”

He slowly nodded his head. “I’ve followed it as a child. Though I don’t believe many of the stories pertaining around the demon.”

“How come?”

Shuichi elegantly shrugged his shoulders. “I think they’re a bit… too nice for a demon of Youko Kurama’s stature.”

“So you think he was more ruthless and merciless?”

“Indeed. He was probably very serious as well.”

“But if he were ruthless and merciless, how would he and Cristoph get along?”