[Chapter Two]

You were more than nervous today as you waited for Shuichi to come help you after school. After you realized that the two of you had been flirting, your stomach fell into a bunch of knots. You shouldn’t have flirted with him; he’s a student. But he’ll be graduating this year.

You shook your head as you gripped onto your hair. You shouldn’t be thinking like that. He was a student. A student. You could go to jail. But that’s only if we start a relationship. That won’t happen. He’s a student, I’m a teacher. He probably just views me as a teacher among many at his school.

Oddly, that thought depressed you. You didn’t want him to view you as a teacher, but as a friend. Because friends depended on each other and friends could become something more. No! Absolutely not! I should request another student as my helper.

“Hello Miss [Last Name].”

That last thought immediately left your mind as you stared at Shuichi. He walked elegantly over to your desk with a gentle smile upon his lips. You felt lost in his gaze; how was it a teenage boy could do this to you?

“Hi Shuichi.”

“What is it that you’ll have me doing today?”

“I need these to be photocopied,” you announced as you handed him a packet. “I need enough for three classes; roughly twenty-five students each.”

“Alright, anything else?”

“No; just do that and then you’ll be done for today.”

He smiled as he took the packet from you and exited the classroom. Instantly, you missed his presence. He had a way of looking at you and making you feel like the only girl in his life. God, this infatuation is progressing way too quickly.

For a good half an hour, you simply graded homework and planned out tomorrow’s lesson. With Shuichi’s help, you were given more time to accomplish these tasks while he put together work for tomorrow. It helped you out a lot.
“Miss [Last Name], I’m finished.”

“Oh thank you Shuichi. You can just place those on my desk.”

He did as he was told. You glanced up to see him staring at you.

“You can go; that’s all I needed you to do today.”

“Yes I’m aware of that. I was just wondering if you wanted me to get you something to drink from the teacher’s lounge.”

“I…” you trailed off. That was really sweet of him to offer like that. “Yes, I’d love something. Would you mind getting me some Brisk Ice Tea,” you questioned as you rummaged through your purse to find some money.

“Sure thing and don’t worry, I have the money to get you one.”

“That’s okay, Shuichi. I just need to find my wallet… and I need to downsize my purse,” you grumbled, causing the redhead to laugh. “Aha! Here you go. And get yourself something as well,” you suggested as you handed him another dollar.

“Miss [Last Name], that’s not necessary.”

“Oh come Shuichi! It’s a friend buying another friend a drink. You can repay me back later, alright?”

He smiled as he nodded his head. “I’ll keep you to that, Miss [Last Name].”

You chuckled as he turned and walked out of the classroom and headed to the teacher’s lounge. A few moments later, a new presence entered into the room.

“How are things going, sweetie?”

You glanced up to see Mimiko. She was not only a coworker of yours, but the head of your department.