[Chapter Twenty-Two]

You felt his body instantly tense upon hearing your sentence. His eyes darted back and forth as he gazed into your eyes, searching for any traces of a lie. He couldn’t find any. You could tell he was desperately trying to put the pieces together and that was why he wasn’t saying anything.

You felt a cold chill run down your back the moment you saw Shuichi’s eyes narrow into dark slits.

“Jiro,” he nearly growled out. “This is his doing, isn’t it?”

His voice was livid with rage and you were afraid he was losing control. You leaned up so that you were resting on an elbow while your other arm was on his chest.

“Shuichi, it doesn’t matter who’s doing it is-”

“Yes it does. These allegations aren’t true-”

“And because of that, it doesn’t matter who is responsible.”

His hand reached upward as his fingers swiftly delved their way into your [hair color] tresses. You could see the raw emotion swirling through his eyes. Yes, he understood being with you would have its setbacks, but he honestly didn’t believe they’d get this out of hand.

He leaned up, passionately pressing his lips against yours. You eagerly kissed him back, soaking in the emotion he was draining to you. He swiftly changed the positions, pressing you into the mattress as he nibbled on your lip. Your hands clawed at him, needing him in any way possible.

You opened your mouth and allowed your tongues to meet in a fierce fight. His touch was making your blood boil and your skin ignite. His hips ground almost brutally against your own. The roughness of the kiss had taken you by surprise, but you certainly weren’t pushing it away.
Your fingers dug into his bare back as you arched into him; wanting – needing – all of him pressed against you. He pulled away from the kiss as he sucked and nipped at your elegant neck. You could feel his arousal pressing against your core. You wrapped your legs around his waist, hooking your feet together at the ankles.

He lifted his lips to press them against yours once more. This time more gentle than the first. When he pulled away, you were breathing rapidly. He trailed a finger down the side of your face. You fluttered your eyes open, locking gazes with his beautiful eyes.

“I won’t lose you; I can’t.”

“I know,” you whispered as you gazed up at him. “I know.”

“We should stop now before it gets out of hand.”

You smiled as you nodded before leaning up and placing a kiss to his lips. “That’s probably a good idea.”

Shuichi got off the bed and made his way to the door. “I’m going to the bathroom. I assume you’ll still be here when I get back.”

You leaned up on your elbows as you smiled. “But of course.”

He closed the door behind him and you allowed yourself to relax as you laid down in his bed. You turned on your stomach and buried your head in his pillow, inhaling deeply. His smell invaded your senses and you allowed a soothing moan to leave your lips. The boy had a real knack for leaving you hot and bothered, but you didn’t mind. He had gotten your mind off of things, if only for a brief moment.

He was right in thinking it was Jiro’s doing. The teenaged boy went home, cried to Mommy and Daddy, which then led to your brief arrest yesterday, your parents’ bailing you out, and now you sneaking out of their house to come see Shuichi. Hiroshima, your lawyer, didn’t want you seeing Shuichi because it could damage the case he was building to keep you out of prison. But they didn’t understand; Shuichi was your air. Without him, you couldn’t breathe.