Chapter One (Thomas's POV)

"THOMAS HURRY UP WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!!!" Thomas's mom called from the door, "YOUR DAD AND BROTHER ARE ALREADY IN THE CAR COME ON!!!"

"Coming," Thomas yelled back in response to his mom. As he rushed down the stairs and out through the open front door, past his mom.

"I will never know what takes you so long to get ready," Thomas's mom said as he rushed past her to go get in the car.

"It's about time," Thomas's dad said with a chuckle. "Started to think we were going to have to go to church without you."

"Well I'm here now, so I suggest we start going," Thomas said, tease scolding his dad.

Little did his parents know, Thomas HATED going to church. It was just another reminder that liking guys was wrong. That he wasn't supposed to like the guy that always sat in front of his family every Sunday. Now, Thomas wasn't necessarily gay he supposed. He had had several crushes on girls before, but just not at the moment. At the moment he wanted a gay counterpart. Thomas had never really come out to anyone before about his sexuality. Being bisexual and going to a Christian school with Christian parents wasn't exactly the best combination. In fact, they kind of tore each other apart. The Christians hated the LGBTQ community because they didn't follow the Bible, and the LGBTQ community hated the Christians because they were harassed countless times by them. Or at least, that is what Thomas supposed, he wasn't completely sure though. Well at least his best friend, the only one he'd come out to, thought it was okay to be bisexual. That made things a little bit.........

"Hey Tom," Thomas's dad nudged him, interrupting his thoughts. "Try to pay attention during the service this time ok? Last time you didn't and your mom got really mad. So try your best for her sake please?"

Thomas gave a half shrug as he said, "Alright dad, I'll try."

"Thanks bud." His dad replied.

The rest of church was a drag. Countless minutes crawling by at what seemed to be hours. The only thing Thomas was really focused on was the tone of the pastor. He always seemed to be getting close to the end of the sermon when he said "And take what I say into your hearts." Those key words were what Thomas was waiting for. But they never seemed to come.