Chapter Six | How We Met

Rosemary was sitting down after they cleaned everything up. The glass was still gone and they had to order more glass but it won't be there for a few weeks. She felt very bad about what she had done. She made a mess of a government facility when she was in charge, because she was upset about some personal reasons and they made her feel like her troubles melted away. But then she was even in hotter water as she let down Charles. And now he was in Russia, he could be hurt or worse because they weren't allowed to go because they were titled as "just kids". Which was how she was starting to feel with so many people yelling that at her all of the time.

Raven was sitting there in silence with her friend. She felt so bad that them messing around got her in trouble. She knew they shouldn't have been partying like that at a moment like this but this was the first time she had real friends and she didn't feel like the weird person in the room. But for once Rose the sweetest person almost every room she stepped in, was getting all the responsibility for what they did. But how hurt she looked when Charles looked at her was the worst.

"Do you think the two of you are going to be okay?" Raven whispered out of the blue, but she had been thinking it for a while now.

Rose looked at her and then down at her hands, she thought about whether or not they would be okay. "Maybe it will. I don't think he can stay angry forever."

"He seemed really disappointed in us," she stated. This wasn't the first time she had let him down by abusing her abilities to mess around. But it was Rose's.

"He isn't the type to hold a grudge for a while."

"You're right," Raven nodded. "You two have been together too long for it to just end over something as stupid as a little broken glass."

"Yeah," Rose nodded.

~*****~

1961 - Oxford University

Rosemary Leah Masterson was on her second year of college, she was only twenty years old, she had just had her birthday a few weeks ago. This had been her dream since she was a little girl. It was all part of the plan. Sure her family had a plan of her own, take home economics and not take importance on her grades rather in beauty and extra curricular activities. Then she would marry a young man from a respectable family with similar values, and then have a lot of babies. But that wasn't he plan. She wanted to grow up and help people who had issues like she did, then she wanted to meet a nice man and get married when she was in her mid to late twenties, and maybe have two to three babies when she was thirty.

But so far this had been the worst part of her life. She thought that once she was out of that hell hole that was her life would be much better than it once was. She was able to live on her own in a single room dorm, she could eat and drink whatever she wanted, wear whatever she wanted, take any classes she wanted, talk to who ever she wanted, be romantically involved with whoever she wanted to be. But so far it had become a living nightmare. She was surrounded by so many people, she was having a hard time in her classes although she was excelling in grades, and her shyness prevented her from nearly speaking at all.

She had never felt more invisible in any place like she did when she was around normal people. Her family made her feel belittled and insignificant, but here she felt as if she had no purpose in being there.

She had just finished a class and was taking a short cut through the lecture hall to her next building. It was the fastest way, and luckily it was mostly cleared. She didn't have another class that moment, but she wanted to get a good seat for the class. That was until she tripped and sent her papers flying across the ground and she fell onto the ground. When she did so, she turned invisible out of lack of control and insitint. She looked down at her hand and then focused for five minutes until she was visible once again. She reached over and started to grab her papers from the floor.