Chapter Twenty | Washington Stadium

"Thousands of people will be gathered here today. They've come from all over the world to witness history. Along with news crews from at least fifty different countries."

Rose, Charles, Hank, and Logan were getting ready to stop Raven one last time. One last attempt to change her, to see if she would ever truly change her ways. They tried with Cerebo, but she refused their help and Charles wasn't strong enough yet to immobilize her. But now that he had permanently given up on the serum, he was wheelchair and was getting a bit stronger. They had to stop her, or else the world (who had just found out mutants existed) would forever view them as a threat if one tried to murder the president, and launch them into a possible and even worse future than Logan had come from. This time the plan was even more simple.

Rosemary was wheeling her husband. She hadn't done this in a while, but she was happy to assist him. She had her hair tied back, since she had to chase after Raven and taken her far from there so they could talk instead of making a scene, since she was the only one who could turn invisible to the naked eye. But when they passed the wheelchair through the metal detector, it beeped.

"Can I see your invitations, please?" The man asked, looking at Rose.

"Yes, you may," Charles replied, placing his hands to his temple, using his powers to make the man believe that they did have tickets. "She is my wife," he replied motioning towards Rosemary who smiled to the man. He pointed back at Hank and Logan who seemed out of place. " These two are with me."

"Go ahead."

"Thank you," Rosemary grinned, placing her hand softly on his shoulder and the proceeding to her wheeling his in. Hank walked closely behind them. But then when Logan passed by, he was surprised the detector didn't beep like it usually did. So he smiled to himself. Rosemary turned around noticing the tallest man wasn't with them currently. She saw him and called to him, "Logan."

Logan followed them, as a man escorted them. "Please, this way, sir."

While Rose followed the man to their seats and the speech began, Charles was using his powers to find Raven. "Haven't found her yet, but she has to be here."

"The President of the United States," the man announced. As Nixon entered the stage, everyone applauded the man, except Rose (she voted for the other guy). But once the clapping ended, he finally began.

"My fellow Americans, today, we face the greatest threat in our history: Mutants." Rose was just so pissed off by that statement, although she knew that there was some truth to it. This was definitely not a good opening address for any mutants. So Charles continued to use his powers to find Raven. "We have prepared for this threat. In the immortal words of Robert Oppenheimer, "Behold. The world will never be the same again."" He pointed to the giant flags behind him which unveiled to reveal the Sentinels, as the crowd cheered.

Raven was disguised as a Secret Service agent. "This is for you, brothers and sisters."

He located her finally. "Raven!" As Raven reached for her gun, Charles used his powers to freeze Raven in her place and then turned to his wife. "I have her!"

Raven knew who it had to be, "let me go, Charles!"

Charles pointed at the secret service man that wasn't moving. Rose tried to look where he was pointing. "There, see? Secret Service man, left of the stage."

"Got it," Rose nodded, turning herself invisible.

"Go!"

As Rose got up on her feet. She snuck into the crowd, and it would have been just as easy to make her way over to Raven. But before she made it over there. Far away, Erik was floating the RFK Stadium towards the White House. While doing that out of eyes view, the Sentinels however turned themselves on. While doing so, everyone starts to freak out. Rose froze in her place before sprinting to find Raven before it sensed her or Raven and attacked them. Logan got up to help them.