Chapter 3

Sometimes we undergo unfortunate events

Sometimes we undergo unfortunate events. These events make or break us. They become apart of our history. They become apart of who we are as people.

One quote that really applies to me is, " What's broken can be mended. What's hurt can heal. No matter how dark it gets, the sun is gonna rise again."

When I was ripped out of my mother's arms I vowed that I would never trust David Brewster and I have since held that promise. He took away the one person who loved me as much as Aunty Alex did.

I don't even know why he wanted full custody. It's not like he takes care of me. Since that day at the courthouse, I've bounced from nanny to nanny to grandma's house. He always brings home random women and acts like it's okay.

But what he doesn't know is that when I was little grandma would secretly take me to go see Mama so I wouldn't lose contact with her.

He'll be in for a rude awakening because once I start NYU in the fall I'm going to live with her, and there's nothing he can do because I'll already be 18.

What he did was so unfair. He only got full custody for clout. He's one of those parents who post their kid on social media for likes and then sends them away. He even had the nerve to name a mixtape after me.

Dave East if isn't the last thing I do. I'll make you Hate Me Now.

I was a beautiful rose with strong potential and my mother's love. But you made me into a Black Rose.

 But you made me into a Black Rose