Chapter 7

Flashback

Flashback

" No, I want my mommy. Please take me back to her. I promise I'll be good. Just take me back to her." Screamed Kari.

I had managed to get her in the car and she's been screaming and crying the whole drive back to my house.

" She's not your mother." I snapped at her.

She cried even more.

Softly I said," Listen to me, Kari. You're finally gonna come to your actual home. Your real mother did I terrible thing and didn't tell me she had you. I'm so happy I found you."

She cried even louder. " Don't lie to me. I watched all your interviews I'm your biggest fan remember. You thought I was dead, my mother is a whore, and your son isn't really your son but he's my half-brother. I WANT KEHLANI." She screamed.

I was shocked because I forgot that she did like my music. But then I was upset that that hœ would expose my daughter to stuff like that.

" She let you watch my interviews?" I asked.

" No, she said you were nasty and little girls shouldn't listen to your music. But since I already grew up listening to it there is nothing she can do. But I would sneak and watch it anyway." She said.

We came to a stop.

" Alright, Kari we are going to meet your grandparents and your uncle Bully," I said.

She dried her tears and wiped her face. " Kehlani always told me no matter how you feel, always keep a smile on your face. But David Brewster I will always hate you. " She said.

Leaving me sitting there shocked in the car she got out and my driver helped her go to the house.