Chapter 13

See this is why I can't do anything nice for anyone

See this is why I can't do anything nice for anyone. Not even my own kid. I told this little girl to be in this house by 8 o clock so we can have a family dinner. Just the two of us. She is always complaining that I'm never here. Then the one time I try to be here she doesn't wanna be here. That little girl is something else.

But no. She has to be extra. It's going on 8:30 and she's still not here.

The front door opens.

I hear her footsteps coming closer.

" My bad dad I lost track of time." She says while taking a seat at the table.

I take a deep breath before I start talking. " Where were you? I specifically said to be home by 8 o clock. I don't ask for much, but when I do ask for something I expect you to do it." I said.

" You don't do much either." She said under her breath.

" I was just hanging out with some friends and I lost track of time. What's so important that you wanted to have dinner? " She asked.

" I thought we should bond more. We never spend any time together." I said.

" Bond for what? I'm gonna be gone in a couple months anyway. And we don't spend time together because you don't wanna spend time together." She said.

" See what you're not gonna do is disrespect me in my house. You don't pay any bills. If you don't like how I act or what I do. You can leave." I said.

" If that's how you really feel. I was gonna wait to tell you this. But I was planning on moving in with my mom once I started college. But it's cool I can live there now." She said.

Then she got up pushed her chair in. Threw her plate of food making it hit the mirror and stormed out of the apartment.

Leaving me there shocked.