The Concert

Allie's P.O.V

The next few days passed by quickly, with Trish and me talking about our dates to come every night, and Mike and me talking on the phone until the late hours of the night. Now it's Friday and Trish and I are figuring out what I should wear. I decided on a pair of black skinny jeans, an oversized sweatshirt, that goes off the shoulder, with a flat billed hat that says 'Jesus Loves Us' on it. I walked down stairs to find Mike sitting on the couch talking to my older brother Mason, and my younger brother J.T. Mike looked amazing wearing a dark blue denim shirt, left open with a white Tee-shirt underneath, with light blue jeans, that he's had since Freshman year. He quickly sat up and took in my appearance, as a smile played onto his lips. He must like what he sees because he starts making his way over to me with a smirk on his face. He holds out his elbow for me to take, as I gladly take it he quickly pulls me out the door. He stops me right outside the front door and then he walks off a little. What is he doing? He bends down and says "hop on". We haven't done this since we were kids. When he sees I haven't he turns around and leans in... he whispers in my ear "you look beautiful" then yet again turns around. I hop on as we make our way to his car. He slowly takes me off his back picks me up and puts me in his car. It all happened in slow motion, I can feel my heart beat start to get faster as he slowly inches closer, when he's only centimeters away, the only voice in the world that could snap me out of this moment speaks up... Matthew-Curtis. I've had a crush on Matt since third grade. I never told Mike because it just didn't feel right. But I had told Trish. So I quickly pull away and Mike's smile disappears as I say "Hi Matty" " Eyo b-e-a-utiful!" I see Mike's jaw tighten as I smile at how he called me beautiful. Mike replies through clenched teeth before I could even think of opening my mouth "what are you doing here Matthew?" "Chill bra" was Matt's reply, then walked off. Mike went around the car, started it then quickly drove off... "I thought we were going to the concert tonight?" I said as Mike drove off towards the drive-in. "Changed my mind after I saw that jerk." When we got there it was dark and the movie started quickly after the sun was fully down. We were the only ones here though. Then I see the movie that's playing... It's my favorite movie. I whisper to Mike "you got a private showing of 'Chicken Little' at the drive-in... for me?" "He quietly shook his head yes. Then took my hand in his and brought it to his lips. He turned his head and looked me in the eyes, whispered something totally unexpected and almost missed "I love you."