It's About Time

Trish's P.O.V

"What do you want to do today?"

"Mm, I want to sit, and do nothing."

"Lies! I'm calling you out on your lie!"

"Fine. I want to go to a sport store, I need some stuff for softball."

"Let's go."

"You're willing to go?" I asked, propping myself up on my elbow.

Wrangler and I had been lying on the floor in my basement, staring at the ceiling for around ten minutes until he finally spoke up.

"Heck yeah! I love going to sport stores!"

"Sports Authority or, Dick's Sporting Goods?"

"The second one."

"Which one is that?"

"The second one you said?"

"Dick's?"

"Shh, don't say that!" I yelled at him.

"Are you uncomfortable with that word?" He asked chuckling.

"Very."

"Okay, get in the car, we're off to Dick's Sporting Goods!" He cheered, provoking me.

"Die in a hole, you...you...lime eater!"

"Lime eater?" He chuckled.

"Yeah...I woulda said "lemon sucker" but there's a back story on that, and so it's dirty now..."I trailed off.

"Now you must tell the story!"

"I was in science with Allie, and someone started drawing, and I said, 'It looks like a lemon.' They whispered 'It's a boob!' And so now, we all laugh at lemons," I explained as a blush crept up on my cheeks.

He broke out in laughter as I glared at him for making me explain the embarrassing story.

"Oh, wait...holy carp. That means...glad you didn't call me a lemon sucker then."

"Shh, don't say that!"

"Let's go, or they won't have anymore of whatever it is you're needing."

"I'm sure they will."

"What are you getting anyways?"

"I'm getting; new mask, new batting gloves, paint."

"Paint?"

"Yeah, as in that wet stuff that generally comes in color. You can get it in lots of colors," I explained to him.

"I know what paint is. But, why are you getting it?"

"I'm going to do something with it."

"Do I have to pay for all this?" He questioned with an exasperated sigh.

"No, I was planning on it, but if you were a gentleman you would offer to pay," I said, stopping dead in my tracks, locking the top lock behind me.

"I am to a gentleman," he argued.

"About as gentleman-like as a tractor," I commented under my breath. I think he heard, 'cause he stomped off, fuming.

"Are you coming?" He yelled out from the drivers' side of the car.

"Yeah, hang on!" I yelled back, walking off the porch and walking up to the passengers' side of the car.

I opened it, and slid in. I ignored his attempt at small talk, as I was lost in my own thoughts.

How was Allie? I hadn't heard from her in days. I wonder how she and Miles are? The mere thought of him with her got me fuming. She is my best friend, but I loved him. He was my everything.

"Are you listening? Or do I have to repeat myself?"

"Sorry, I was thinking. What were you saying?" I wondered, trying to focus on my current boyfriend.

"Did it hurt?"

"Did what hurt?"

"You thinking. You don't do it a lot," he commented, making me fume.

"Ya know, I think I'm done. Yeah, I think I'm finally done. I think I am. I can't believe you. You're such a jerk. It's not like we get along at all. We just fight, and yeah, I love you like a brother, but, I can't deal being in a relationship with you. I am done with it. I think this relationship is done."

I finished my mini rant as we stopped at a red light.

"Alright, that's okay. That is definitely okay. Do you have a place you want me to drop you off? I'm not just gonna leave you in a parking lot waiting for a ride."

"Allie's please?"

He tensed at her name, and I smirked. It was his weakness, and I knew it. He had nothing on me-except knowing who I love, of course-so I didn't let it affect me.

"Whatever," he muttered, taking his hand away from my shoulder as turning sharply, narrowly missing another car. I pulled out my phone to text Allie and told her I was coming over as then out it back in my pocket.

"Don't get your panties in a twist, you asked, I answered," I said back, looking out the window.

I couldn't help but think it's never going to be the same with you...I hope I'm wrong...

~*~

Allie's P.O.V

"So what happened exactly?" I asked Trish as we sat together on my bed.

"He's a buttface," she muttered glaring.

"That doesn't tell me what he did. It just tells me what he is."

"He asked me if thinking hurt...because I don't do it a lot," she said glaring at my wall. My poor, poor wall.

"I'm sorry, but you really broke up over that?

"Boys are idiots, what can I say?"

"Boys aren't just idiots...they have COOTIES!!"

"Wow....mature," I replied getting up from my bed moving over to turn on my TV.

"Isn't it though? You can't really blame me for being upset," she muttered throwing her head back against my bed.

"I can blame you for being upset, but I'm not going to."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm your best friend and im not going to be upset with you for breaking up with your boyfriend or being upset because y'all broke up. He shoulda gave you the stars, but he didn't."

"I love you, Al," she said running over and hugging me.

"I love you too, Trish," I said hugging back leaning on here.