Chapter 10

(EDITED)

We all sit in silence. There is a mole in the lair. "Well I think we know its none of us." I say.

Cara says "Of course its none of us."

I walk around to the front of desk and lean against it. "Has there been any new breakouts? Anyone that you think is suspicious?"

Cara says "We have had about 15 new breakouts since you left."

"Okay then." Think, how can we narrow it dow? "I have an idea." This got all of their attention. "First thing is to go through the camera and gather as much information we can then cross reference it with anyone who arrived here."

Russell says " Damn girl." I just laugh at him.

"I will start going through the CCTV, one of you will need to make a list of new recruits for the last five months." The all look at me. "Oh sorry, Cara what do you want to do?"

Cara says "Do what Amy said?"

"Sorry." I say quietly. She smiles and the others all leave but she stays.

She says "So are you and John back together?"

Oh great! "I don't know what is going on?" Hoping this conversation ends as quick as it started.

"Okay then, do you need help with the CCTV?"

"No I will be fine and sorry for......." How do you say for taking over someone's job without saying it.

She caught on and says "Don't worry about it." Then leaves. I start with four months ago footage.

Three hours later, and thousands of boring conversation, John comes in and sits on the desk with me. He asks "Anything interesting?"

"Nothing that screams mole. Tim is filing anyone who visited Ultra and I am manually going through for conversation. I made a software that can do this and it should be finished uploading about now."

Tim says "System update, will inform you of any connections."

"Thanks Tim."

I get up and stretch. John puts his arms around my waist and pulls me close. I smile and put my arms around his neck. His lips crash into mine and I remember how much I missed him.

We pull apart when a screaming came through our minds. We run out and I see Erica thrashing about, obviously asleep. I move closer and put my arms on her to hold her still. John takes over with Russell and I put my hands on her head and say calmly "Erica, come back to me." I pause. "It's not real, come back to me. wake up please."

She jumps out and hugs me. She has tears down her face and cries into me. "Its okay Erica, it was just a nightmare and I promise I will never let anyone hurt you. Okay?"

She nods, Stephen passes me a glass of water for her. She sits back and I kneel in front of her. I say "Have something to drink." She nods then leans for water and holds out her hand.

The glass breaks and she starts panicking again. It hurts so much but I need to focus on Erica. I say calmly "It's fine, its just a glass. calm down." She starts shaking, Oh no this isn't good. I stand up and she does too. I say, slightly panicky, "Erica, you need to take some deep breaths. Cab you do that for me?"

I can tell she is trying. I say "We need to get her out of here."

Cara says "Why? What's happening?"

I am about the speak when everything starts shaking. I shout "CARA CALM HER DOWN NOW." I mutter "Not again."

Cara and Morgan try to calm her down. Erica stands in the middle of the room, shaking and saying "Help me Amy, please."