Chapter 17

A whole week passes and I am basically living at Aunt Marla's. She agrees to look after Charlie which I am grateful for. I usually make up for it by keeping the house clean and cooking dinner. I always loved cooking and have the time to read up on different things. Jake and Russell stop by all the time and John even came by. I didn't want to see him so I ignored him.

It's a Friday night and Russell messages me saying about a crisis. I get there and there is a women who looks badass. I hug Russell from behind and ask, "what's going on?"

He laughs at me and pulls me around. "She is the Founders daughter, Cassandra."

"Nice."

John comes over and says, "we was wondering if you could get her to talk."

"I can try." I walk over to her and say. "Come on guys, let her go of the bands." John looks at me.

Cassandra says. "Why would you do that?"

" because I don't want anyone tied down. Otherwise we are the same as ultra." She looks at me and smiles.

I help her up and say, "let's get you changed before we end up swimming in boys drool." She laughs and I clean her up and she changes into a pair of jeans and pink top. I'm wearing a tight top and skinny jeans. We walk out and talk. "So your dads the founder?"

"Yeah and it's a nightmare. His over protective."

"My dads the same. It's annoying."

"Whose your dad?"

"Jedikiah Price."

"He works with my dad."

"Yep. He cares and is a good person but his on the wrong side."

"Looks like we both have daddy issues."

"Tell me about it. Sometimes you just want to slap the back of their heads." We both laugh and move into the common room. We sit on the sofa as Erica comes running over. She hugs me and says, "why didn't you tell me that your back?"

I laugh, "Erica, meet Cassandra. And it was a quick minute thing. Don't get your hopes us, I'm not staying."

Cassandra asks, "why don't you live here?" I explain and she nods. "Wow, shits happened."

"Yep." We talk for ages in the office now until John comes in and looks at me. I ignore him and Cassie, says, "you okay there John?"

Still looking at me, he says, "yeah, need a word with Amy." Cassie smirks at me and heads out. "Amy, Morgan asks if you can get her some more medication."

"On it like a car bonnet." Did I really just say that? He looks at me and laughs. I laugh as well. "I don't know where that came from. Right I will leave now. Charlie is at the hospital with Aunt Marla and Luca is at school. Home alone I guess." Why did I say that? His making me nervous but why? Don't think about it.

I realise that whilst I am thinking about all this, I am staring at him. I look away and blush slightly. He says, "your cute when you blush." Of course this makes me blush even more. He moves over to me and moves some of my hair from my face. I really want to kiss him. My brain starts arguing.

Don't kiss him.

Kiss him, you want to.

But he broke your heart.

Forgive and forget.

Never forget.

He leans in and I let him. He kisses me and I don't know what to do. I pull away. "I can't do this."