A Problem Indeed

We have a problem. Really? More problems.

"What's going on?"

"It turns out the founder isn't dead."

My heart stops for a second. Charlie, come here. He appears in my arms. John wraps his arms around me, "his not going to get anywhere near you or Charlie." I nod and he leans in.

Three people clear their throats.

John kisses my cheek and move back. Dad, Uncle Rodger and Stephen all look unhappy. "Daddy." I pass Charlie over to John.

"What do we know?"

"We got some footage through from the cameras and if you look here, you can see a figure moving after you all leave.

I have a look at the footage, "could it have been anyone else?" Uncle Rodgers shakes his head. "Where is he then?"

*

I'm walking through a forest. I don't know where or how I got there but its defiantly not home.

I continue to walk through the forest, looking for a sign of life or a road.

Wait, I can just teleport. I focus on where I want to go and open my eyes. I'm still in the forest. "That's odd."

"You can't teleport here." I look up to see a girl, about my age, maybe a bit older. She is about 5'6 with long brown wavy hair. Her hazel eyes bore into mine.

"Sorry, who are you?"

She just laughs, "I'm your worst nightmare."

"Nice to meet you nightmare." She glares at me and I get a bit chilly but don't back down.

"Don't think its all over, Amy. You haven't won anything yet."

"What do you mean? What's going to happen?"

She laughs, "you will have to wait and see."

Everything starts to disappear.

I shoot up, breathing heavily. John wakes up next to me. "Are you alright?"

"Just a nightmare."

He pulls me back down and into his arms. He leans in to kiss me but a certain little man gets in the way. "Mummy?"

"I'm okay." I kiss his head and he cuddles up to me.

John looks at me. "Again?"

Charlie turns around to face him and sticks out his tongue before turning back and closing his eyes. "That's my number one baby." I kiss his head.

"So I'm your number two."

With a childish mind like mine, I just laugh. He shakes his head. "Guess, I will have to cuddle the pair of you. He leans across and places his hand on my waist.

It tingles wherever he touches but it also helps me get off to sleep, knowing I'm safe with him.

*

I wake up to find Charlie sitting on John's chest. "Wake up." Charlie continues too say.

"Jump on him." I say as I get out of bed. Charlie stands up a bit before dropping down onto John's stomach.

He wakes with a start and Charlie appears o my back, "run." I sprint out of there and can hear John running after me. Idiot.

I teleport back to my room. "See how long it takes him." Charlie lays on the bed and giggles. His getting big now.