Home [18]

Chaeyoung
I fluttered my eyes open when I heard my alarm clock ring. I stretched out my arm from underneath my blanket and hit the snooze button on the alarm clock. The morning sun was up and it shone brightly into my room, hurting my eyes. I rubbed my eyes again, then sat up on the bed. I took one lance glance at the time before hopping into the bathroom to take a cool bath.

As the cool water ran down my back, I thought of how I am gonna face my parents later.

"Why did you birth such an useless brat?" He asked, raising his hand up to her face. I was hiding behind the door, peeping through the little gap. I was 11 years old then. Her eyes were red and puffy.

"She isn't useless!" She shouted back while her tears started to wriggle down her bright cheeks.

"Alice is much better," he muttered under his breath, letting go of my poor Mother. She fell to the floor helplessly.

"They're both equal in my eyes. David, why don't you see Chaeyoung's talent?" She asked, letting her tears drip down onto her shirt.

"What talent does she have? Embarrassing me in front of my siblings?" He asked sacarstically.

"She's a great singer David," she said, regaining her confidence to speak. He sighed.

"She's so shy... how does she perform?" He asked as his expression softened.

"We can speak to her. She might like the idea of it," she answered. He nodded slightly. I, by then, was drowning in my tears. I slid down the wall while he walked out of the room.

"Chaeyoung? What are you doing here?" He asked, kneeling down beside me.

"Go away! I hate you Appa! I hate you!" I yelled, pushing him away and went back into my room.

I grabbed the towel and wiped myself dry before I got dressed. Then, I heard knocks on the door. It's nine-thirty in the morning and I mean, nobody comes to visit. I pushed the door knob and pulled it back, revealing the person at my door.

"Babeeeee," she whined, hugging me immediately.

"I miss you," she whispered then showering kisses all over my face. I giggled and kissed her back before I went to pack my stuff.

"Give me a minute, we'll leave after I pack," I said, stuffing some clothes in my bag.

After I was done, Lisa motioned me into her car and opened the door for me.

"Thank you," I said with a smile.

"Welcome," she replied, smiling back at me.

She hopped in and started driving as I gave directions.

After a long drive, she pulled up in front of the two levelled house. I stood by the car, looking at how the house have changed.

Decorations were taken away.

Lisa took my hand, which snapped me out of my trance. We walked side by side to the brown door.

"Are you ready?" She asked, looking over at me. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"1,2,3," she said, then knocking on the door.

"Coming!" A familiar voice shouted from inside. Shuffling were heard closer and closer, until the sound of the squeaky door was heard.

"Chipmunk!" Alice, my Sister, exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back while my gaze was averted to Lisa who smiled like a proud Mother. Correct that, Lisa smiled like a proud Girlfriend. Alice pulled out, then smiling at Lisa.

"You must be Chaeyoung's friend?" Alice asked, stretching her hand out for a hand shake. Lisa looked at me blankly and I nodded. She nodded with a smile, shaking Alice's hand.

"But it seems more like a Girlfriend," Alice stated, looking smugly at me. I pressed my lips together, looking at her innocently as I gave her a nod. Alice clapped excitedly and squealed as she pulled Lisa into a hug.

"Chaeng's back!" My Sister yelled as she led the both of us into the house. My Mom shuffled out of the kitchen and took off her apron.

"Chaeyoung! I missed you!" She said, hugging me while showering kisses all over me.

"You must be Lisa, right?" She asked, looking over at Lisa who was smiling awkwardly now.

"H-hi Mrs P-park," Lisa stammered, bowing. I giggled at how adorable she looked now but all she did was shoot me a 'help me' look.

"Mom, Lisa's nervous," I said, laughing while I waited for her reaction. Lisa widened her eyes, then bit her lower lip nervously.

"It's fine, don't be! Anyway, you're part of our family!" Mom said, holding Lisa's shoulders, assuring her. I flashed a smirk at Lisa.

"Where's dad?" I asked, fixing my hair. Mom pointed up the stairs, telling me that he was upstairs.

I walked up the stairs, my heart beat quickening as I heard the deep and low voice that I dread hearing.

Then, the door to my parents' opened. He looked at me with a kind of expression that I couldn't pin point. It wasn't anger, nor was it shock, nor was it happiness, nor was it sadness. It was a peculiar expression that I've never seen in my life.

He pulled me into his embrace while his strong cologne attacked my sensitive nose.

"Darling... I've missed you so much," his low voice boomed. I hugged him back awkwardly, trying to speak.

"I-I missed you too," I mumbled. He pulled out, holding both my shoulders, looking at me from head to toe.

"You've slimmed down!" He exclaimed, pinching my cheeks. I had to admit, this is the first time I've seen my Father act like that but I liked it. He's changed. He looked past my shoulder, smiling slightly. He let go of my shoulders and walked past me to Lisa, who currently is standing behind me.

"You must be Chaeyoung's Friend, Lisa, right?" He asked. I looked at Lisa's flustered face while she nodded.

"Y-yeah, hello Mr Park," she spoke, so softly, bowing.

"Tell me more about yourself," my Father said, smiling at Lisa. She gulped, then took a deep breath before speaking.

"I-I'm Lalisa Manoban, but people c-call me Lisa. I'm from Thailand and I'm a-as young as Chae," she responded, stuttering.

"You guys seem close," he stated, looking at me weirdly. "Chaeyoung hardly allows people calling her Chae. Only the people who deserve her time can call her that," he continued, making Lisa turn pink.

"Dad..." I muttered, walking over to Lisa.

"So Lisa, tell me. Are you two dating?"
_______________________________
A/N: hey guys! Sorry for the wait but school work's kinda driving me crazy. I have this major exam during this period of time but I'll make sure I'll try to update. I'll try to go for... once a week? Oh and Im working on this Jensoo + Chaelisa story, are you guys okay with it? I hope so... anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed this!