Chapter 7

Rick's dad stood in front of his mirror. He fixed his tie, nodding in approval. He always dressed fancy; no matter the occasion.

There was a knock on his door. His eyes never left the mirror as he said, "Come in."

A man walked in and had a piece of paper. Rick's dad looked to him and then the paper. With one final look in the mirror, he walked back to his desk and sat down.

The man shut the door behind him and Rick's dad asked, "May I help you?"

He set the paper down on his desk, Rick's eyes flickering down to it for a quick second before back to the man in front of him. Rick's dad asked, "What is this?"

The man said, "Harry's house address. He's come back early for some reason. We don't know why but we're working on it. We're also looking for his plans this weekend besides the trial."

Rick's dad nodded and picked the piece of paper up. He opened it, reading the address to himself, and then folded it back up. He stuffed it into his wallet for later.

He stood up grabbing his jacket and said, "Thank you. Keep up the work on finding out his plans and why he's in town earlier than expected. I expect an answer by this afternoon, when I return from my visit."

The man nodded and Rick asked after putting his jacket on, "The visit is all set, correct?" The man nodded. "Perfect. That'll be all for now," he finished.

The man nodded and left. Rick's dad smirked and put his wallet back into his pocket. He buttoned his jacket and grabbed the folder of papers.

He walked out of his office, locking the door behind him. He quickly exited the building and climbed into his car.

Driving down the road towards the jail, he looked at the folder he had in the passenger seat. It contained the attack in the alley way concerning Ryan, Louis, and Harry.

He arrived at the jail and parked close to the building. He climbed out and grabbed his folder. He walked up to the gates and the guards nodded him in after confirming his visit.

He was escorted to a visiting area where Ryan sat at a table, fiddling with a toothpick. He looked up from the table as the doors opened.

He smirked, a dark glint shining in his eyes. Rick's dad walked up to him and said, "Good afternoon Ryan."

Ryan nodded for him to sit down, and Rick's dad did. He put the folder on the desk and Ryan looked to it. Guards were out of ear shot, but were able to watch the interaction in case any fighting insued.

Kaden and Seth were off to the other side of the room, waiting for their own visitors to arrive. They both watched as Rick's dad sat down talking to Ryan, before turning to continue their own conversation.

Ryan chuckled and asked, "And what do I owe the pleasure of talking to Mr. Kickler? Or should I say, Richard Kickler?"

Richard smirked back and said, "Im surprised you didn't say 'Rick's dad'. Most people seem to think that's a fitting title for me."

Ryan laughed more and said, "And those people are asking for trouble."

Richard smirked more and said, "Indeed. Though, my company to you today does not concern my title nor laughter. I've visited you for a serious topic."

Ryan nodded slowly and said, "Spit it out."

Richard folded his hands together and asked, "You know how my son was murdered in the spring?" Ryan nodded slowly. "Well, I want revenge on it."

Ryan licked his lips slowly, eyes going to the folder that Richard had in front of him. He pushed it to Ryan and Ryan looked up to him. Ryan asked, "And this has to do with me, how?"

Richard let go of the folder, letting Ryan take it. Richard told him, "Leon was jailed. I can't reach him. He has his life sentence along with another trial this upcoming Saturday; tomorrow."

Ryan nodded and opened the folder. His face went flat at the contents the first page held. Ryan's eyes flickered back to Richard as he spoke again. "However, Harry was there during the murder. He is free, roaming the world. Going to college. He even got away from you."

Ryan's grip on the folder tightened and Richard smirked a tiny bit. He continued, "I have no doubt you'd love to do nothing more than finish Harry off."

Ryan bit his lip and nodded. Richard smirked more and added, "Maybe even his boyfriend?"

Ryan's grip tightened even more on the folder, his knuckles turning white. Ryan smirked back to Richard and said, "I'd love to get back at that backstabbing bitch."

Richard chuckled and said, "Perfect. Now you see how you're involved with me getting my revenge. I want Harry dead. I want to get revenge for Rick's death. And as I can't reach Leon, Harry's next in line."

Ryan nodded and flipped through the alley incident before shutting it. He put his toothpick in his mouth and asked, "So how am I suppose to help at all?"

Richard smirked and said, "I'm willing to pull off a stunt for you to be able to help me. I just need to know that you will help me."

Ryan narrowed his eyes and asked, "What's in it for me?"

Richard smirked and said, "You'll be out if jail. I will break you out and let you escape to another part of the world. I will cover the expenses and everything."

Ryan nodded and said, "That sounds tempting. Will I get to kill Harry?"

Richard shook his head and said, "No, I will. It was my son."

Ryan sat forward, elbows resting on the table. "Oh? So then what do you need me for? I don't see the point in letting me out if I don't get to kill him."

Richard smirked and said, "You forgot what I brought up earlier. Louis." Ryan kept watching him, waiting for a further explanation. Richard sighed and said, "Louis will find out I kidnapped Harry, which you will do for me, and then come after us. You can have the pleasure of killing him."

Ryan's eyes lit up at the words and he smirked more. He said, "So let me get this straight. I get let out, get off the hook for free at the end, get a fresh start somewhere else, get to kidnap Harry again, and kill Louis?"

Richard smirked more and nodded and said, "Yes. You'll get your revenge and I'll get mine."

Ryan smirked bigger, a sinister gleam lighting in his eyes. He told Richard, "You've got a deal."