Chapter 12

The silent buzz of Louis' phone vibrated throughout the bed. Groaning, Louis clicked the off button to his alarm. It was too early on a Sunday to be up by nine.

Rolling in his sheets, he flung them off. He sat up slowly, stretching while yawning. Looking around his room and scratching his head, he noticed it was silent.

His dad's repair shop didn't open up till noon on Sundays, so Louis planned to sneak in and take the footage his coworker had gotten for him. Technically, Louis wasn't suppose to be on the shop's property but he'd be fine as long as he wasn't caught.

Standing up, he quickly changed out of his pajamas and into a lazy outfit. He didn't bother with his hair, throwing a beanie on his head. Of course, he did put his lip ring in.

Opening his door, he looked down the hall to his dad's room. Walking silently to it, he leaned his ear against the door to hear his dad snoring slightly.

Smirking to himself a bit, he walked away from his dad's room and down the hall. Once out of the house, he decided walking to the shop would make it less obvious.

And starting the car in the driveway would more than likely wake his dad.

Stuffing his hands in his pockets, he thought back to yesterday. Leon was charged with Kaden and Seth's original charges, freeing them from jail. Even though Seth and Louis hadn't gotten on the right page their first time talking, Louis was grateful they kept Harry safe while he was in jail.

Also in recalling yesterday's events, he thought he had seen Rick's dad, Richard, talking to Harry while Louis went to find the bathrooms. He wasn't sure and didn't want to bother Harry with past events that could bring the possibility of more nightmares.

That still bothered Louis; the fact that Harry hadn't told Louis about his nightmares. Even though it bugged him, Louis could understand not telling him. He was just glad to hear that he hadn't had them in awhile.

After another five minute walk, he was finally at his dad's shop. Noticing no one was near, he took the shop's keys out of his pocket and opened the front door to the office.

Walking in and straight past the desk, he walked into the security room. Looking around, he found a stack of DVDs with his note on it. Smiling, he picked them up and walked out of the room.

Shutting the door, he heard the front door bell go off.

He froze in the spot he was in. Was there a robber that had seen him go in?

Tip-toeing to the front of the store, he peeked around the corner. Dropping his mouth in surprise, he noticed his dad looking around.

Disappearing around the corner again, he tried to think of an escape plan. Gripping the DVD cases tightly to his chest, he decided to just face his dad head on.

Stepping out around the corner, he cleared his throat. His dad looked up from inspecting the desk and to him. Shock covered his features and he said baffled, "Louis?"

Pretending to he bored, he drummed his fingers against the cases and told him, "The one and only."

Rolling his eyes his dad asked him, "Were you the one who broke in?"

Raising his eyebrow in confusion, he said, "Broke in? I opened the door with your keys."

Frowning his dad mumbled, "So that's where the keys went..." Louis pulled them out of his pocket and tossed them to his dad. Catching them he told Louis, "You know I could charge you for breaking and entering."

"With your keys? Hardly," he challenged.

Tucking them into his pocket he told Louis, "You're in here after hours, when you're on leave, and you're leaving with something that's not yours."