Chapter 17

Louis flung his beanie on to his nightstand, letting out an exasperated sigh. His shift had gone overtime by at least an hour with an emergency repair to an engine.

It was around 9:00 pm and the night had grown a little chilly. The overcast in the sky had made the night darker than what it actually was.

He picked up his phone, remembering he promised to call Harry once he got home. The line was busy, which he found odd. He hung up and decided to call again in another ten minutes or so.

He changed out of his work outfit and sat at his desk, fiddling with his phone. Trying Harry again, he got the same response; a busy line.

He sighed when his door flung open, rattling on his hinges as it hit the wall. Looking up surprised, he spun in his chair as he saw Kaden and Seth barge into his room.

"What are you doing here?!" Louis asked in shock.

Before they could answer, he heard his father after them shouting, "Hey! I said you can't come in!"

He pushed past them, into Louis' room, angry and exhausted from the day's work. Giving the two another glare, he turned to Louis and said, "These two demanded they speak to you at once."

Louis nodded slowly and looked to Kaden. Before he could ask what they were doing there, Kaden said, "It's Harry."

A deep pit began to form in Louis' stomach at that little sentence. He asked, "What about Harry?"

Seth nodded toward his cellphone and asked, "Have you tried calling him?" Louis nodded and he asked him, "Was it busy?"

The pit grew deeper, worry filling him quickly. Louis looked to his cellphone, nodding as he grabbed it. Kaden asked, "And is that normal for Harry?"

Not answering, he stuffed the phone in his pocket and grabbed his beanie off his night stand. Fixing it on top of his head, he nodded towards them. They left the room without a word.

Before he could walk out the door, his dad stopped him. "Louis, what is going on?!"

"Dad," he started. "I need you to trust me on this."

He crossed his arms and said, "After all we've been through the past weeks, you think I don't anymore? Of course I trust you."

Louis looked to the floor, biting his lip, noting his lip ring was still out due to work. He told his dad, "I want you to know that I am done with the gang stuff. I really am."

His dad nodded and said, "I know that, Louis. Why does that matter?"

Looking back towards his dad with a resentful look, he placed his hand on the door. "Because I don't think the gangs are done with me yet," he told him walking out the door and shutting it.

Walking out to their car, he climbed in. Buckling up, Louis asked them, "So, where are we going?"

Seth pulled out of his driveway and Kaden said, "Harry's first to make sure we ain't making a mistake and his phone just isn't going haywire."

He nodded and asked, "Are you gonna tell me what theory has been planted into your mind that is making my stomach turn?"

Kaden said, "Will do at Harry's."

Groaning in annoyance, Louis looked out the window and into the black sky. Pulling his cellphone out, he tried Harry's cell again.

Busy.

Frowning, he put it back in his pocket and looked back out the window.

Kaden watched him from the passenger seat through the rear view mirror. He put his hand through his hair as they pulled into Harry's driveway.