Chapter 18

Silence hung in the room after the word left Louis' lips. His heavy breathing was the only audible sound to him, along with the ticking of a clock.

Kaden kept his gun trained on Richard as he moved closer to the desk. Richard's eyes followed his movements, his grip in the gun tightening slightly. He told Kaden, "If you pull your trigger, I pull mine."

Kaden didn't respond, but he kept his gun pointed at him. Richard looked back to Louis and said, "It's about time you showed up. I was beginning to think you left your lover for dead."

Ignoring him and his taunts, Louis told him, "Let him go."

Raising an eyebrow, smirking a tad, Richard asked, "And let justice go undone for my son's murder?"

"Justice was served. Leon's in jail for his murder and many more things," Louis retorted.

He made eye contact with Harry, who looked terrified. He tried to send a message through his eyes that everything would be okay.

"Oh, but Harry isn't," Richard responded. Louis looked back to him as he continued. "He's sitting right here. Free as a bird."

He paused for a moment, thinking. He then said with a chuckle, "Well, he was. Before I kidnapped him, that is."

Clenching his fists, Louis said, "Are you really going to blame him? He didn't pull the trigger and you know it! He was just there! Out of his free will might I add!"

"He was working for Leon then, as you found out. He could've done something, anything," he said.

Louis flatly told him, "If you knew him a month ago, you would know that he was scared shitless when Rick got murdered."

Shrugging, he said, "Doesn't matter. You're right, Leon got justice. Harry, did not however and I'm willing to give it to him."

"Technically," Harry interrupted, "I did. I got community service."

Ryan kicked him under the chair, making him wince and Louis flinch at it. Anger burned in his eyes as he watched Ryan back away from Harry. The tiny smirk set on his lips infuriated Louis even more.

He told Ryan, "You're here to settle a score with me, and to help him cut off loose ends. Why?"

"Because Louis," Ryan responded, "After you and Harry die, I get a new start."

Louis bit his lip again, the reminder of his lip ring missing. Richard sighed and said, "However, it seems we have more loose ends to clean up."

"Wha-" Louis started to say when two guards came from the entrance and ran for Kaden and Seth. Louis turned around to watch it unfold.

They turned around too slow, each guard knocking their guns to the ground. Kaden tried to punch his, but he dodged by ducking. He detained Kaden by elbowing him in the gut.

Seth was grabbed into a headlock, the gun cocked under his jaw. Kaden's guard caught his hands behind his back, and faced him towards Seth. It was enough to have him stop struggling.

Two more stepped in, making Louis retreat toward the desk in small steps. Richard said from behind him, "Don't make this any harder than it has to be, Louis."

Louis snorted a bit at that and spat back over his shoulder, "If I'm going to die, might as well as make it hard for you."

Richard laughed a little and said, "You'll just make it a messer clean up for the cops."

Louis turned back around to face Richard, but didn't respond. Richard still had to gun to Harry's head, and he looked over to Ryan. Ryan made eye contact with him and Richard nodded towards Louis.