Chapter 13

"Ever been on TV before?"

Ryan looked over his shoulder to Rick's dad, Richard. He looked back to his view of the streets below and said, "I guess this is the first time."

Richard smiled and turned to TV off, the report of him escaping prison was all over the news station. As Ryan walked back over to the front of his desk, Richard told him, "By the way it's being handled, all over the news, it would seem you're a top wanted criminal."

Sitting in one of the two chairs placed in front of his desk, he replied, "Well, we did kill two guards on our way out."

Chuckling, Richard's reply was, "It was necessary. I didn't need anyone knowing it was me who bailed you out."

Ryan raised a sharp eyebrow at that. "You do know there were security cameras there, right?"

A small smile appeared on Richard's lips as he twirled a pencil between his fingers. "Oh Ryan, you underestimate me."

Mumbling his response, "I would guess so...", he sank further into his seat.

Setting the pencil back down into its holder, Richard told him," I have people that work for me all over. In prisons, the police department, and in airports..."

The last word made Ryan sit back up in chair. He asked eagerly, "And I suppose that's the one I'll be going to when this is all done?"

Nodding, Richard set his hands folded on top of his desk. He pointed out, "Exactly. When this is all done, you're free to go."

Licking his lips in thought, he asked aloud, "And all I have to is kill Louis?"

Richard sat back in his chair, fixing his gaze on Ryan. "First, you'll have to kidnap Harry again and bring him to me."

"Then we wait for Louis to show up and kill them both?" Ryan guessed. All Richard answered with was a nod and Ryan smiled, pleased.

Richard spun his chair around to stare down at the streets and the people walking by. He added, "Of course, I have no doubt that he might bring extra people."

Ryan raised a perplexed eyebrow, being drawn out of his fantasy of killing Louis. "And why do you think that?"

Not bothering to turn to face him, he flatly told him, "Cause last time going alone did him so well."

Thinking it over and nodding in approval, Ryan added, "I would've been able to kill them both if that bastard's brother and dad hadn't followed him."

"Would've saved us a lot of trouble," Richard pitched in.

Silence filled the room as the two men thought about their plans for the two young men. Richard thought of finally avenging his son as he watched the people walk along the streets.

One couple, with a boy about five, walked down the street, all holding hands. He watched them in envy, wishing he still had his son. Of course not at the age of five, but just Rick himself.

A question rang across Ryan's mind and he asked Richard, "Today's Sunday night. When do we plan kidnapping Harry?"

Tearing his gaze from the couple, he spun his chair around once again to face Ryan. "Tomorrow," he said. "He goes back to college on Tuesday."

"And how do we plan on kidnapping him?"

"He'll have to leave his house some time," Richard stated. "I'll have people watching him and they'll contact us when he leaves and where."

Ryan nodded but asked, "And if doesn't leave his house?"

Richard looked at him with surprise. He said like it was obvious, "Then we raid his house and drag him off from there."

Nodding, feeling a little silly, Ryan thought about it. Bringing up past topics, he told Richard, "Like you said before, Harry's dad and brother followed us last time. What if they're in the house then?"

Richard smirked. He bluntly told him, "Then we kill them too. Saves them the grief of losing Harry."

Shrugging his shoulders, Ryan commented, "Glad to see you care for his family's well being."

"I don't," Richard said bluntly again, "I would love to kill them off as well. Leaves me less trouble with them trying to find his killer."

"Reasonable," Ryan concluded.

Another silence fell over them. Richard watched Ryan as he went back to daydreaming of his plans for Louis. Smirking, Richard turned his chair back towards the windows.

Looking down again, he found the couple with their five year old or so boy. The boy had slipped while walking and hit his on the cement. He laid on the sidewalk, knocked out. Examining the couple, he noticed they were frantically trying to wake him and get help.

He smiled slightly watching the ordeal unfold. He couldn't help himself as he imagined Harry's family finding his body and trying to wake him as well.

But unlike the little boy, Harry wouldn't wake up. Richard would make sure of it.